Get NetMD. sys out of explorer

Rate this topic

IE and other browsers can open files. Are you sure it is not doing so and saving the file somewhere?

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.browserguides.com/internet-explorer/how-to-open-a-local-file-from-your-computer

(Of course, you could be having a real problem. IIRC, when I DLed the NetMD driver, it was opened by the browser, either IE or FF. I didn't think it had worked, but eventually located it.)

Nope, that is a link to a file on your computer.

Sorry, but I think you are out of your depth.

Try and explain in words:

a. what it is you did to get to this point

b. what is happening now

c. exactly what you have done so far to reverse the situation.

There is absolutely nothing we can do without details. You tried to install a driver set (the NETMD760.SYS etc) but I think you did not use Device Manager to introduce it to the system. As well, there is a good possibility that you did not understand you have to remove the files from their .zip container so that the installer can see them.

Check your Downloads folder and see if the NetMD driver is there. If it is, you use Device Manager to install.

For Win7, it goes something like this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

If the NetMD driver isn't in your C:/Users/seanm/Downloads folder, you may have your system set up to save elsewhere. But Downloads is a likely place. Once you locate the file, then you just follow the "to download and update a driver yourself" instructions from the above link. If the NetMD driver isn't saved anywhere (this seems unlikely, but possible), then there may well be an issue opening/saving.

If I have not put this well or have made it too complex...or if it just does not work, then as sfbp notes, please add additional details. Thanks.