Problem with password

Mark Ryle

I'm not sure where to post this but I would like to call it to the attention of the administrators that the Sony Insider site will never let me in unless I click on "Forgot password" and have the site send me an email with a link to a page to create a new password. This happens on my 2 home computers and my work computer. When I enter a new password at the page for creating a new password, I always use the exact same one that I typed in originally and it lets me in with that same password. It has always worked but it is tedious and it seems there must be some glitch in the site. I know I'm entering the password correctly.

To write this post I had to "reset" my password again. I've had to reset it every time I've ever posted or wanted to download Sonic Stage or Net-MD add-on. It happens on my desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone, and work computer. I always "reset" it to the same password. I've never changed it. On the reset screen, it always gives me what I assume (I don't really know because it's all in asterisks) is my "old" password in the top field. When, just now, I "reset" it to make this post, I tried, for the first time, not changing the default "old" password it already has entered  for me in asterisks. I just retyped it again in the "Confirm password" field. And sure enough, it gave me the green light. So it always accepts my same password time after time. But it has never accepted it when I type it in the normal sign-in screen.

I did some checking, heheh. I think you have joined too many times with eerily similar credentials. I'm guessing that something at your end is mixing them up via cookies. Or (just possibly) our board (out of my hands and I don't have definite data to pass on) the login system mixes up emails and names.

I recall something of the sort that happened to me.

If you would like me to merge what I THINK are your various contributing member names (after checking with you first), I would predict your life will become easier.

• 3 months later...

I am also noticing this problem.  When I receive the password reset email (which doesn't always happen) I can reset my password and I am automatically logged in.  Upon closing or moving to a different computer, it will not accept the new password and I have to start the process over again.  I should only have one membership, so if there are others listed for me they should be deleted.

EDIT:  It must be something wonky with my browser, as I just logged in fine with IE.  Now to figure out what I twiddled to make Firefox cranky about this site.