MDS JE500 Erase problems

Rate this topic

Hi PhilippeC,

As I see you around here, may I have a question for you? Does your friend in Vietnam still keep/sell Sony MD deck parts?

I am looking for a spare OP that fits the 530 (and quite some other modells too), at a friendly price (ebay's 70 bucks plus shipping is far from my friendliness :-), as a complete deck could be purchased for that price). It is for further experiments with (or to repair, ultimately) my not-recording faulty 530.

Thank you in any case.

You will find Pham cu email su_su... on his web page : http://www.5giay.vn/am-thanh-audio/3360572-ban-dau-md-desk-thu-phat-hoac-lam-da-va-cac-dich-vu-lien-quan-toi-minidisc.html. He don't speak english - or hungarian - very well but he has a close friend who does. Help from jonathanpotato can be find here too : http://www.jonathandupre.fr/articles/articles.php?id=50

Thanks PhilippeC.

I already wrote a mail to Pham (referring to one of your posts here, with the same link above, as where I got his email from) about three weeks ago, but no response so far. Will try again. If you are in better contact with him, may you notify him about my inquiry?

As for Jonathan, I could not find an email or other contacts to him on his pages, and he has not been here either for quite a long time. Not sure he even reads his PMs here.

(Back in the early eighties, at the university I had five class mates from Vietnam, but I have no single contact to any of them - how handy would it be now though.)

Yes, I should have remembered, that in Vietnam they have their surname first, and first name behind, just like we do overhere.

I dropped a PM to Jonathan, also another mail to Cu, but no reply from them. If you could contact Jonathan directly for me (I would also like to ask him to send some close up photos of his Sony LPM, to see the exact positon where actually the photodiode is located, to finalize my DIY LPM design), thanks in advance