Whether or not CMT-MT100MD's PC-Link can be replaced by SonicStage?

Rate this topic

kjkjhkhk

Hi Dear All,

I am wondering if PC-Link functions can be replaced by Sonic Stage and exactly work the same? I am going to buy the Sony CMT-M100MD and its functions can be controlled by PC-Link. I don't have PC-Link and I only have Sonic Stage 4.3 which works perfectly with all my NetMD players.

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers,

Jason

Absolutely not. There is no NetMD support except via USB. CMT-M100MD uses the PS/2 interface and has no USB port. If you want that functionality in a bookshelf unit, you can buy the CMT-M333NT or CMT-M373NT.

Why on earth are you asking this? I checked your previous posts and you already have a CMT-C7NT which has the same deal as these latter two.

I had to clean up your posting as there was something very wrong with the text, it couldn't be edited.

Hi Dear Administrators / sfbp,

Well, you are so detailed mind.  Yes I had the similar issue with CMT-C7NT.  I solved it already with you guys helps.  For your suggest, like CMT-M333nt, I also brought it and I am able to control the NetMD with SonicStage 4.3 without any problem.  Now I came across the model of  CMT-100MD in a local bidding site (very cheap only around USD60.00).  Then I realized the situation like you said.  The CMT-100MD has only a PS/2 interface  for PC-Link.  But I had an adapter like PS/2 to USB (I can take pictures if you want to see it).  So technically, I solved this problem.  But even if I can physically connect the CMT100MD with my computer, does the SonicStage 4.3 work in this situation as well?  So I ask for you guys helps again.  Anyway, I am going to find out as I will get the Hifi tomorrow.   I will keep you posted on my case.  Thanks a lot!  I love you guys so much in this forums!

Cheers,

Jason

No idea, Philippe - perhaps characters that looked like the regular ones but were not in the regular character sets. Jason, there is NO NetMD support in the M100MD.. the PS/2 interface doesn't begin to carry enough data to send music through it (originating from USB).

I actually prefer the M-Crew interface for the purpose of editing. Neither (USB nor PS2) style of connection will permit transfer FROM minidisc to PC, except with Hi-MD or MZ-RH1 (for legacy uploads). It is not so hard to get the hardware, you can look in Japan on Yahoo market.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sfbp,

As you said, my attempt was unsuccessful.  Now I am wondering to buy M crew in order to connect my PC to my newly brought MD mini HiFi /  CMT-M100MD & CMT-M700DVD (just for the sake of fun).  I have never used M crew before so I have a few questions in mind regarding M crew.  I can see a SONY PCLK-MN10 being available on Amazon.jp.  Does PCLK-MN10 is good for Windows xp?  I know it originally designed for Windows 98 or Windows 2000.  Is there any difference between Japanese version or English version or is it one for all language?  I know there a few M crew models, PCLK-MN10, MN20, PX3, available.  Are they Sony MD HiFi models specific?  Like PCLK-MN10 is good for certain MD mini HiFi models?  Any advice for me if I am trying to use M crew.  Thank you so much to you all.

Cheers,

Jason 

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

21 hours ago, kjkjhkhk said:

Does PCLK-MN10 is good for Windows xp?  I know it originally designed for Windows 98 or Windows 2000.  Is there any difference between Japanese version or English version or is it one for all language?  I know there a few M crew models, PCLK-MN10, MN20, PX3, available.  Are they Sony MD HiFi models specific?  Like PCLK-MN10 is good for certain MD mini HiFi models?  Any advice for me if I am trying to use M crew.

1. Does PCLK-MN10 is good for Windows xp? 

Yes, 2.01E (and 2.01J) update came out for Windows XP. Actually it's not much different from the previous version except **possibly** supporting more hardware.

2. Is there any difference between Japanese version or English version or is it one for all language?

Depends if you read and understand Japanese. We have the English versions here on our website.

3. I know there a few M crew models, PCLK-MN10, MN20, PX3, available. 

PX3 is something else. The MN10 and MN20 are identical, except for software. Maybe this page is helpful:

http://minidisc.org/part_Sony_PCLK-PX1+PX2+PX3.html

4. Are they Sony MD HiFi models specific?

The hardware will work in every case, however the software is not guaranteed to recognize the M700DVD (see the chart in next link). There should have been a disk with that unit, you would be well advised to check with the person you bought it from. If you get that disk, we should upload it here. I don't think there is any difference between MN10 and MN20 despite what you may learn from this chart, the difference is almost certainly the software.

Beware the chart at http://minidisc.org/sony_pclk_compatability_chart.htm

It refers to a number of models which do not work with PCLK, except for the Japanese version (of the MD deck). Namely JB940, MXD-D5C, and possibly others. The MXD-D40 and MDS-PC3 definitely DO work with PCLK-MN10 in all versions (of the decks).

5. Any advice for me if I am trying to use M crew?

Stick to 32- bit Windows. It won't work with most copies of Windows 7 and later as they are 64-bit. It can be used under 64-bit in a Virtual XP box, but you will lose the ability to rip from the computer's CD drive, which is a good part of the usefulness of this software.

• 3 months later...

Nah, it's fine under XP (and W2000) and can be run in the XP box under Windows 7 (presuming you have Pro or better Windows). The problem is not per se the version of Windows but the bit-ness of the OS. MCrew drivers WILL NOT work under 64-bit windows in native mode. They should work in all 32-bit versions. So a 32-bit version of W7 should be fine, except that almost noone bought it.