Anybody Here? Hello?

Rate this topic

Wally Taylor

I was wondering if there are regulars here? I bought my first MD when they first came out. I had about 15 pre-recorded discs, and my ex-wife threw them away because She was jealous of them. She said that with the small player she thought I was trying to block her out without her knowing. I guess she was right. I actually took the garbage bag to the dump without knowing that my beloved discs were in there. At hey we're absolutely pristine, as I a) really believed that they would be rare someday, and B) I always talked immaculate care of my CD's.

Every time that I buy a CD, if there's a "hype" sticker on the plastic wrap,  I try to carefully peel them off and stick them inside the jewel case under the CD. I probably have 700+ CD's, and they're all perfect. As soon as I brought them home, I would handle the sticker part, and burn it to mini disc immediately. I only, have about 30 Mini disc blanks, and about half of them are recorded CD's. They were all recorded, but recently I was listening to them, and somehow they just erased due to my hitting a wrong button. I don't know how. 

Just today I bought a D to A convertor, a new 1/8 into red and white RCA connector line, and a Toslink digital cable with mini plug converters, so I'm all set to record my favorite CD's right from my brand new Panasonic SL-SW415 CD player that my wife bought me for my 59th birthday this Thursday. I am thrilled to get my old SHOCKWAVE back. The last one that Ibought was a '95 SL-SW405, and it lasted over 20 years without so much as a hiccup until my wife's cat knocked the basket that it was in off of the top of the refrigerator.  My new one is all set for a fun day of recording tomorrow, I can't wait to see if they sound any better when burned through Optical cable one to one with my CD player. 

I previously did all of my MD burning using NetMD software, so until I figure out the new hardware, I'll be burning them from CD. It will take more time, but hopefully the sonic difference will be worth it. So, is there anybody out there?    Wally

image.jpeg

• Haha 1