Buyer beware USB cables, cradles & batteries

Rate this topic

palsapal

I'm thinking of buying a second-hand portable having recently acquired a Tascam MD350 deck.  I'm trying to find one that's going to have some life.

It's amazing how many decks & portables are sold minus remotes, USB cables & cradles.  And how many fail to describe battery condition.  It's equally amazing how many of these missing items turn up in separate sales, & at disproportional prices.  I'll be kind & think that the vendors have found them at a later date (yeah!).

Is it safe to assume all USB connections are standard sizes e.g. USB A to either mini A & B/micro A & B.  I already own most of these.

I read of portables with dead internal batteries that can't make use of AA alkalines in an attached dry battery pack.  Is this widespread?

You are right, before buying anything on the web second hand market, one must have a good idea of models charasteristics. And for that, the equipment browser of minidisc.org is still the greatest source of information.

Maybe you can ask here in the classifieds section for a choice of units you want to buy (always at a fair price).