Difference between blank minidiscs manufacturers?

Rate this topic

Hi!

I am wondering, there are many blank minidiscs out there still available. There are some slight variations in price. Are there any differences between the different manufacturers? I assume that it is reliability of the discs and durability of the case. I am assuming that because it is digital, the sound will be only as good as the recorder recording it. Am I wrong? Can I go out and buy any blank minidisc and assume similar results?

Thanks in advance!

Very few of my hundreds MDs has showed problems. But it is still possible that some MD cannot be use with some units and once formatted with another unit the problem is solved.

jonathanpotato has done a video on the subject... in french !

maybe you can read the topic in french about it (Google Translator) : http://www.laserdiscplaza.fr/forumld/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4914

In France there was also doubt with FNAC 1rst generation MD blank. I have got problems from time to time with some of my MD recordings with one unit but there was always another unit which could read it. Like I said, format can solve most of the time. I got only three MD blanks definitively out from different brand names.

• 5 months later...