Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freddyjollo

HI Md discs

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I still use 1GB Hi-MD discs, got about 50 of them which hold my entire music collection at 192k. They're  mostly  the original dark blue/red ones. Bought them back when they cost a more 'reasonable' £5 or so.

I'm not planning to get any more, and certainly wouldn't pay the silly prices being asked for now,

I bought most of mine when the outfit in Quebec was selling them for $3 in sufficient quantity. They had a deal for 100 for $250 (IIRC) and I shared it with a friend who thought they were rather expensive!

next  question does any one have one of those Okyno  HiMd decks I see they can get got from Ireland EU but the ones there dont seem to have a digital out which seems to defeat the point of HiMD?

The disks recorded by a HiMD deck can be played back on a USB-connected HiMD portable (or transferred  to PC for that matter). So it hardly matters. Does look like Sony**** being paranoid again, but as I've said many times, in the light of history (and file-sharing torrents) who can blame them?

**** one can reasonably infer that the lack of digital out was a condition imposed by Sony on Onkyo.