Rate this topic

WHAT MACHINE ?

All MD units can create a mark (called a blank) inside a track to make two tracks IF you use a recordable MD. The software Sonic Stage can do that also if the unit is a Net-MD or a Hi-MD one. Maybe you are a musician, in that case Minidisc is a good enough recorder (up to 24bit-48kHz) to record yourself with a microphone and create a mark after each set.

The machine is a Sony MDS JE500, recently bought off Ebay. It performs very well but the "mark" or "blank" is not annotated on either the machine of the remote. 

Having a Minidisc previously (some time ago) I got used to the facility. Strange how old habits don't die even after years of neglect.

Anyway can you let me know how to create a blank mark on the disk ??

Much appreciated

Regards

Richard Bardsley.

I am not sure whether you meant this: you have a recordable disk with some recorded material already on it, and you want to make new track marks here and there in the recorded audio.

If you did, then you may want to use the "Divide" function from the "Edit" menu ("EDIT" button), on either the unit or the remote. More details >> here << (page 24).

user manual : page 12

<<Marking track numbers manually (Manual Track Marking) You can mark track numbers at any time while recording on an MD. Press r REC at the place you want to add a track mark while recording >>

NGY give you the way to create a mark on a track already recorded, by dividing it.