PC-MD music transfer freeze (Incomplete transfer)

Rate this topic

Hello, please I need help resolving this issue. Well I have a MDS-JB980 I bought recently and I have the Sonic Stage 4.3 app installed on my laptop using windows 7. The issue is while transferring it converts all tracks but transfers only the first track to 95% and gets stock there. I've left it for hours hoping it will complete yet nothing. Please can you help me.... 

Thanks. 

IMG_20161210_125150.jpg

Hmmm, that's interesting. It sounds like the driver is not installed but under 32-bits it should have been working correctly. Did you check to see if the driver was installed? Did you turn on the NetMD by pressing the button on the front panel? I am assuming yes to both..

However the default (certainly on Windows 8/8.1/10) is to prevent some drivers getting installed.

My first thought was: oh, he's got 64-bits and it doesn't work without the driver.

I'm more inclined to suspect your USB cable or the port on the laptop. Often laptop USB ports are very under-powered.

The next thing you may have to do is to get rid of all the NetMD drivers (it's a tedious process) and install my all-in-one 32-bit driver, overcoming the objections of the OS to allowing it by suppressing the signed-driver insistence. Even then your observations don't make a crushing case for doing that.

I think before we conclude anything is wrong I should ask whether you've tried it with 32-bit XP at any time?

Certainly not. I actually tried installing it on my mac which I partitioned to also run windows 10 64bit but it refused installing pass the OpenMG... so I had to opt for the DELL system. Which it successfully installed on but now refuse to complete transfer. Well i'll try changing the USB cable and using a different Port and then try again. 

It probably works fine on the Mac if you install the 64-bit driver which is our #1 download.

Sorry I can't help (yet). Keep at it, and we'll figure something out. I'm also thinking that there may be a lot of junk that talks to USB on your laptop. Learn, if you can, how to get rid of unwanted (ghost) drivers from the Windows driver system.

I won't give you a full tutorial here but there are two variables you need

devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices

devmgr_show_details

Which both need to be added to your SYSTEM environment (Under Computer properties Advanced) and both set to 1. Then you can check "Show hidden devices" in DevMgr. I'll bet there's a load of not-quite-matching USB drivers greyed out there.

Good luck!

Instead in searching during hours a solution to your problem, maybe a good reset to the factory settings of the PC computer plus install of the most important sofwares (including SS + 32 bit drivers following the right procedure) can work great (after backup your files...).  I say this knowing that maybe my solution will conduct to lost of the property of the omg files library but I never create one for my own use.