Boomchild

Panasonic SA-PM37MD Recording Issue

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I recently picked up this Panasonic shelf system and I have come to discover that I cannot get the unit to record.  Whenever I attempt to record, the unit will intermittently display REC ERROR.  When I stop recording and the unit attempts to write the TOC it displays EMERGENCY and then ejects the disc. When I reinsert the disc most of the time the disc is blank. On occasion, sometimes it does show  a recorded track which I have been able to delete. I've cleaned the MD lens and used a record head cleaning disc. That did not change the problem. I opened the unit up and the MD section has a shield around the drive which means I would have to tear down the unit to see the drive. Something that would be a bitch to do with the way this unit is designed internally. So I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on what may be going on and have suggestions on how to resolve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boomchild said:

When I reinsert the disc most of the time the disc is blank. On occasion, sometimes it does show  a recorded track which I have been able to delete.

Strange symptomps, and somewhat contradictory. When the disc is blank after a record attempt, in most cases it is the sign of the OWH being faulty. If you are able to produce a recorded track occassionally, then the OP is the suspect, either out of factory adjustments, or getting weak. However, to delete a track, both the OP and the OWH must be in working condition. (To erase a disc the OWH is not necessarily needed, only the OP).

A few more experients might be needed to better locate the fault. I would begin with a simple title change of an existing track. If the result is a blank disc, then the OP is probably good, and the OWH is faulty. If the result is no change, then the OP is faulty. Then I would try to record on a known good disc that is nearly full. Again, if the result is a blank disc, then the OWH is  not working, and if the result is no change to the original content, then the OP is faulty.

Mostly, because there can be other issues too, but these are the ones to begin with.

(You may want to probe with discs you don't mind if their content will be lost. Or you can do TOC cloning on another machine, and restore the TOCs after the tests.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would use another Net-MD portable unit for recording and the bookshelf unit only for listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but what if someone wants to record from the radio of the unit?

(And, this unit is clearly having a problem, that should be fixed, even if  used for play back only. A mechanical trouble for example can lead to other damages.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

I would use another Net-MD portable unit for recording and the bookshelf unit only for listening.

That's a good point. However, one of the reasons I bought this unit was to be able to transfer some old cassettes to MD using the unit's dubbing function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NGY said:

Strange symptomps, and somewhat contradictory. When the disc is blank after a record attempt, in most cases it is the sign of the OWH being faulty. If you are able to produce a recorded track occassionally, then the OP is the suspect, either out of factory adjustments, or getting weak. However, to delete a track, both the OP and the OWH must be in working condition. (To erase a disc the OWH is not necessarily needed, only the OP).

A few more experients might be needed to better locate the fault. I would begin with a simple title change of an existing track. If the result is a blank disc, then the OP is probably good, and the OWH is faulty. If the result is no change, then the OP is faulty Then I would try to record on a known good disc that is nearly full. Again, if the result is a blank disc, then the OWH is  not working, and if the result is no change to the original content, then the OP is faulty.

Mostly, because there can be other issues too, but these are the ones to begin with.

(You may want to probe with discs you don't mind if their content will be lost. Or you can do TOC cloning on another machine, and restore the TOCs after the tests.)

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'll work on them and let you know the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now