Driver Issues with NetMD

Rate this topic

Hi,

I just got a Sony MZ-N505 MD player and I cant get any drivers to install for it.  It isnt recognized by SonicStage.  I do see it as a "NetMD Walkman" ins Devices and Printers.
I'm currently running windows 8.1 and SonicStage 4.3.  I have manually downloaded drivers from this site, but when I go to install them I always get some random hash error.  Any help would be appreciated.

The 64-bit windows NetMD driver is here:

You will need to turn off driver signing for long enough to install it. There are numerous posts here on the site about this.

Good luck!

PS I hope you are planning to transfer music TO the device. NetMD won't help you with getting music FROM it.

No!!!!!

The right sonic stage program is here on this site. You need the 64 bit driver which is not included for reasons which will become apparent as you continue reading this post.

The hash error is NOT random, but entirely expected. You need to ignore it by turning off the check. In the latest versions of Windows this can only be accomplished by rebooting the machine and pressing function key 8 (there are other ways too but they need not concern us). There you will find an option to turn off driver signing enforcement (the problem you're running into) until the next reboot. You will still have to tell Windows to ignore the hash mismatch. This is OK as only the file telling the USB subsystem installer which devices to accept the driver for has been changed (I did the changes myself), not the actual driver which has not been altered in any way. We can't sign the modification because we're not Sony, so it has to be this way.