Sony Net MD MZ-NE810

Rate this topic

louisw

FORGET TORRENT!!!! The only reason one of you has it working and the other does not, is that there are two flavours of Windows. 64-bit Windows you will need to replace the naturally-installed driver with the 64-bit one in our downloads section. 32-bit Windows it will work out of the box.

my win10 is 64bit. last time i checked the download section, i wasnt successful, coz maybe there is a glitch or something, the download always failed halfway. so i had to resort to different method. if the download is working, i dont see any reason to go hunting at torrent.

thanks. 

err, i mean the download windows pops up, but never show progress, then soon after it said download failed. To be honest I havent try again since i already got the files tho... it might be just a fluke in the network connection.

anyhow... i didnt use SS that much, i mainly record directly from line in.

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2017 at 10:19 PM, louisw said:

Hi 

I need help

I have Sony Net MD MZ-NE810 and windows 10

Windows 10 doesn't detect MD

Also, I tried some drivers but not working

Any solution?

Please let me know

Hi Louisw,

If you search the Sony Insider Minidisc forum thoroughly, you will find the solution to your problem. The main issue is that Windows 10 does not allow the installation of unsigned drivers (especially with the latest update), and the NetMD drivers are of course unsigned. You have to go to the advanced startup menu and disable the signing of drivers, install the NetMD driver and it is will work after that. Here is a link explaining the process (use option 2): https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more problems!