Having trouble with the following

Rate this topic

Greetings All,

I know the following has been belabored to death, but I'm having a problem with it and I need a walk-through.

I am operating Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit) and I still cannot get the computer to recognize either of my mini-disc players. 

Yes I went to the downloads section and downloaded the patch for this and yes I still have no idea what to do owing

to the fact that I don't understand how to get the patch to "point" to the driver so it can install it. 

Could somebody please give me a step=by-step analysis of how this is done so I can finally enjoy using the players again?

Cheers,

7thP 

Ok, thank you for the tutorial, but I took your advice and looked it up on youtube and I found something similar. However, when clicking on the device and then clicking on the drive tab, the option to update the drivers is grayed-out and I cannot find a way to activate it. What do I do now? The device I am trying to get the computer to recognize is a Sony MZ-NF810

Ok, ok, two and two are not adding up to four here. Even with the drivers already installed a I am getting a message stating that there are NO drivers for the device installed. What Am I missing/doing wrong? Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I was at work.

I'm a little light on the lingo here, so let me put this down in a step-by-step process that I did, as I have no idea what a "classic session" is.

1) disabled the driver signature enforcement.

2) downloaded the new driver via the downloads section on this site

3) plugged the player in and went to the device section of the computer and highlighted it - the player.

4) clicked on said player and went to the window for it and clicked on : driver, then update driver, then browse my computer for a driver and clicked.

5) I am told by the computer that no drivers for the player are to be found on my computer.

Ok, again, what am I missing/doing incorrectly!!!!

1. uninstall any previous SS + MD driver (Control Panel / System / Device Manager window)

2. download from Sony insider : SonicStage 4.3 Ultimate Edition + NetMD Driver 64-bit Win7 or Vista

3. Setup SS, restart

4.  disabled the driver signature enforcement

5.  plugged the player in and went to the device section of the computer and highlighted it - the player.

6.  clicked on said player and went to the window for it and clicked on : driver [or go to Control Panel / System / Device Manager window]. Browse my computer for  NetMD Driver 64-bit Win7 or Vista driver (unzipped) and clicked update driver. << I am told by the computer that no drivers for the player are to be found on my computer >> Do you have the right driver ? NetMD Driver 64-bit Win7 or Vista look to be the good one for me.

7. Resart and enjoy (at least)

Reboot. Otherwise somehow there may be traces left of them and Windows will figure out to install them AGAIN.

Make sure that there's only ONE NetMD file shows up in the display, and that it is the UNSIGNED one we gave you here that will work with all units. You can check the version number by inspecting the properties of the file before you install it and then check that this is the version that the installer is pointing to.

You'll have to make quite sure you turn off driver signing for each device that you install with this driver. ie each time you install a new MD unit that requires the driver.

Ok, ok, let me walk through this:

1) Download SS

2) Download the NetMD file

Now, do I download SS and reboot, or do I download both programs and then reboot?

Do I have to remove the NetMD file from the zipper folder it came in and then try to activate it?

Dowloading schedule is not important.   

- delete previous drivers (and check windows/inf has said before Stephen)

- download SS and NetMD Windows 64 drivers

I think there is no problem to install SS at this moment

- then disabled the driver signature enforcement and reboot

- Yes remove the driver from the zipper folder in your download folder (backup it), connect your MD, ask Windows to activate the driver, open SS = your MD is seen (insert a MD disk)

- reboot (standard session), reconnect the MD and open SS, everything is fine

Ok! I have no idea what I did differently this time around, but it worked and I can finally use my player again! I would like to thank both of you for all of your help and I bid you good day!

Cheers,

7th Peer