Which earbuds for my NH700

Rate this topic

pedrothelion

Hello!

I just bought a fantastic NH700 from a friend so perfect to look new! For listening I use a pair of Sony MDR-NC31M earbuds that came with my Z2 mobile phone (https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/digital-noise-cancelling-headset-mdr-nc31em/#white). They play fantastic, deep bass, wide range and very confortable.

I was wondering if the noise cancellation system (which is activated automatically when I plug in the headset in the Z2 phone) also works with the NH700.

2 hours ago, sfbp said:

No. Noise cancelling only started after Sony had already moved to diskless devices such as the NW-S756. Sorry.

Thank you. Anyway, I'm happy with these earbuds.
But should I buy new ones, what are the best earbuds to match with a MiniDisc recorder like NH700? I have a budget of about € 100.

i cant recomend akg 242hd enough.

i have one, i bought it 2nd hand, itsva demo unit from a music store. its really good, it got clear mid and a relatively punchy bass, the treble is not harsh as well. also because its an open air headphone, it makes vast sound space, separation is also decent.

the construction is very sturdy yet at the same time light and comfortable.  

the headphone unfortunately is very power hungry, only powerful devices can power it properly. it also leaks sound. definitely best for home usage. 

my rh910 needs to be at 50% at the least to make good sounds. however my samsung A8 would need almost 80% volume and it does sounds trashy. 

if u got a decent amp to pair it up, it would sound even better.

i paired mine with a china made amp. Nobsound MS10-MK2 & Topping TP30-Mark2. it sounded awesome with both. 

i also like sony mdr-ex650, its very good, perfect for bass head, treble and mid remains clear n crisps. its my go to for lower powered devices like PMP and my Samsung. still its no contest compared to the akg. 

regardless i would still recommend getting the akg 242HD, its a good purchase and investment as it will accommodate for upgrades imho

16 hours ago, krisnadii said:

i cant recomend akg 242hd enough.

i have one, i bought it 2nd hand, itsva demo unit from a music store. its really good, it got clear mid and a relatively punchy bass, the treble is not harsh as well. also because its an open air headphone, it makes vast sound space, separation is also decent.

the construction is very sturdy yet at the same time light and comfortable.  

the headphone unfortunately is very power hungry, only powerful devices can power it properly. it also leaks sound. definitely best for home usage. 

my rh910 needs to be at 50% at the least to make good sounds. however my samsung A8 would need almost 80% volume and it does sounds trashy. 

if u got a decent amp to pair it up, it would sound even better.

i paired mine with a china made amp. Nobsound MS10-MK2 & Topping TP30-Mark2. it sounded awesome with both. 

i also like sony mdr-ex650, its very good, perfect for bass head, treble and mid remains clear n crisps. its my go to for lower powered devices like PMP and my Samsung. still its no contest compared to the akg. 

regardless i would still recommend getting the akg 242HD, its a good purchase and investment as it will accommodate for upgrades imho

Thanks for the tip... But they cost 250 € far beyond my budget which is 100 €.
Then for convenience I prefer ear buds. My idea is to take the RHA MA750, great timbre, tonality and imaging according to this site:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/rha-ma750-ma750i/

i see, perhaps because its used i only pays about 100usd at that time. 

if it was me, I would never buy speakers or headphone / earphone with out trying it first. 

review means nothing, even mine. test it out, see it it fits your ear, comfortably that is, looks at a mirror while at it, pick one that doesn't makes u looks like a dork. see if the cable be detangled easily or whatever. there are things beyond the just the sound.

after done demoing around and u find one that sounds great to u, and the rest is also damn good. well, that's the one. blast the volume and raise a middle finger to anyone who said that your cans are crap. 

same with a pair of jeans its indescribable, it means nothing if it fits your bum poorly, or makes u looks like someone u despise, regardless of the bagde and price.