CA680X For sale was $60, now $50

Rate this topic

bluecrab

CA680X Sony Head Unit
$50
Reduced. I'd rather see it go to a good home then just bin it. Make me an offer!

FOR SALE: CA680X Sony Head Unit. When last in car, was working. Type R, MDLP, etc. $60 USD includes ship to CON US. Original box. Thanks for looking! (What you see in the pic is what there is.)

http://minidisc.org/part_Sony_MDX-CA680X.html

CA680X.jpeg

Looks like between here and elsewhere, no one one wants it. Poor thing! Off to the recycling center with it, then. It served me well and it came with a lot of used MDs that introduced me to a lot of new music. I always liked its SQ, but was less crazy about the somewhat fiddly (to me) controls. RIP.

It look like handling MDs or K7s in a car (even car parked) is not well appreciated nowadays, even dangerous if you are alone. An unit with a line-in and a small stick MP3 player or even a bluetooh coonection with a smartphone is now the common thing. In case you don't sell it, just think that it possible to install it in a desktop rack (player only I suppose) ! Try also vintage audio web sites.

Thanks, Phillipe, for the suggestions. Unfortunately, one of the last things I need right now is another MD within my four walls. Also, I'm just not going to fuss all that much about it. I'm pretty sure that I'm headed in the direction of line-in/mp3/bluetooth/whatever. The sad truth is that what I mainly listen to when I'm driving is the sound of my car. Gears, motor, and everything else—it's all a kind of music to my ears.

• 4 weeks later...

I am happy to report that the CA680X has found a new place in the world. It went from Massachusetts to a good home in Saskatchewan, just for the cost of shipping. I feel much better about this than binning the unit.  :-)  The USPS and Canada Post managed to get it there intact, too!