Sony Insider Forums
mimarsinan

Change Language of Japanese MZ-RH1 Unit

Rate this topic

I never had any trouble with the RH1 as a playback device. Try something other than PCM.

8 hours ago, mimarsinan said:

I had actually asked another question:

Is there no MegaBass or similar option on this device then?

The MegaBass was only on some early units. Later on there´s a custom EQ that you can edit via the remote in this case. The Main Body of the RH1 got no Button to change the EQ.

Just try to hold the "Sound" Button on the remote to enter the Menu

So I made a 2+ hour recording in Hi-SP mode.

Couldn't get the digital line in to work, despite countless converters and adapters between the mixers coax and the units optical in. Ended up recording analog.

Now transferring the data. I must say the device sounds exactly like a cross between a floppy drive and a modern laptop hard drive.

It's remarkable. Will upload the set soon.

3 hours ago, mimarsinan said:

So I made a 2+ hour recording in Hi-SP mode.

Couldn't get the digital line in to work, despite countless converters and adapters between the mixers coax and the units optical in. Ended up recording analog.

Now transferring the data. I must say the device sounds exactly like a cross between a floppy drive and a modern laptop hard drive.

It's remarkable. Will upload the set soon.

Coax-toslink adaptators could be not reliable. Sorry that it did not work for you.

Once the Net-MD arised, the MD has been forboded as the next floppy drive before Zip drive arrived with his big-in-hand 256Mb/1Gb disks. Sonny missed something there.