Sony Insider Forums
mimarsinan

Change Language of Japanese MZ-RH1 Unit

Rate this topic

None of this stuff has been available NIB for a while.

If you're really determined, the best place is Yahoo Japan which you can access via Buyee or From Japan. It's the ONLY place to find models that were never released outside Japan.

14 minutes ago, sfbp said:

Go take a look at Buyee. For example eh-70, probably the most durable HiMD ever made:

but a reader only

Stephen, did you have your own avatar before ?  Can't remember...

On 20/12/2017 at 5:55 AM, mimarsinan said:

BTW I just discovered the "A" surround mode on my device. The remote text is in Japanese so I don't know what the "A" stands for, but my latest set sounds awesome with "A" surround:

See user manual in english page 45/88, Virtual sound : A stand for Arena

Arena          V-SUR A

アリーナ    V-SUR A

Is it what you were looking for ?

1 hour ago, PhilippeC said:

See user manual in english page 45/88, Virtual sound : A stand for Arena

Arena          V-SUR A

アリーナ    V-SUR A

Is it what you were looking for ?

Sweet, thank you!

7 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

but a reader only

However, it's trivial to put a different model in (either change the link, or search in English - may require a change on the site) to look for that. There's LOTS of stuff - if you recall there were about 6 MDS-W1 auctions. Same method of searching.

Well, the digital recording finally works, after multiple sets of intermediary cables!

The issue was indeed the output KHz, I reduced it from 96 to 48 and it worked like a charm.

The club mixer settings helped out with that. I also have various choices for digital signal output - -19dB, -15dB, -10dB, and -5dB.

The default was -19, but it sounded too low, so I set it to -15 because there was audible distortion at -10. Is -15 a good bet then for the digital out dB setting?

I've never heard of having to REDUCE the gain. I am at this moment recording a source (don't ask) and have to add 6dB to it routinely. Maybe you can reduce the gain BEFORE it gets to the club mixer's output stage?

I had to convert a recording by multiplying by 32 (you do what you can with what you got) recently. As long as it's not PCM, it's fine since ATRAC is logarithmic and 24 bit PCM has almost infinite "headroom".