cmos battery for sony vaio all in one vgc-js2e

Rate this question

simon2k

Question

Hi - I cannot seem to find a reference anywhere as to what type of CMOS battery is required for my all in one. In addition to this there is not much assistance in the way of showing how it can be replaced i.e. where it is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated particularly if there is a link to a genuine battery supplier.

As an aside there is not much reference to the VAIO VGC-JS2E anywhere (however there are laptops which have the same name for some reason).

I am in the Uk by the way.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by simon2k
added last line of text

6 answers to this question

CR2032 are dead easy to recognise. Buy one (or a few) and then look for it inside the VAIO. The top surface will usually be visible. On laptops, it gets more complicated as getting them apart is a bit tricky. But on an ordinary PC you should be able to see it mounted somewhere on the motherboard.

I don't know where you're getting your advice from.

Hi thanks for the tip. I had read that you had to remove the back of the VAIO and then remove the motherboard a the battery is located on the 'front' of the motherboard. Someone also suggested taking the screen out to avoid having to remove the mobo. 

Can anyone actually concur with this? or has actual experience of this ?

Many thanks

I looked at the schematics and it looks like the CMOS is right next to the HDD socket, but on the motherboard.

Shows how to remove cover (I'm sure your model is similar). The picture is a bit blurred but you should have no trouble finding it. It should be a pop-in/out socket.