Jump to content
Sony Insider Forums
freddyjollo

Sony ( atrac) Hard disc deck players

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

can any one  remember the  full name of the 2 sony   ( atrac) hard disc  playback decks? I think they  started with HD or some thing and would like to  track one down some time or  other

 

on a totally unrelated matter I came across this  site that may interest some here

 

https://sites.google.com/site/crazyforminidisc/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NAC-HD1

There's a guy on here who was adding more powerful disks to the original 250G, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just add a PC in your audio system, you will get the same functionnalities and more, specially if you add a very good external DAC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sfbp said:

 

There's a guy on here who was adding more powerful disks to the original 250G, too.

NAC-HD1 - thats  not it.  The one I remember was  quite slim and  now quite ancient was an atrac  system ( only)  no cd I think was a net md device not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

Just add a PC in your audio system, you will get the same functionnalities and more, specially if you add a very good external DAC.

That's exactly what I have done, using iTunes. Easier to backup. And you don't have to hack the hard drive—upgrading is straightforward. Further, even 1TB would put me in "worried about space" mode. Still, the NAC-HD1 is an attractive and standalone device....not that I am getting one, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have almost 13 Tb and I am already in a "worried about space" mode : this is because I downloaded more than 5000 Hi-Res audio albums (Flac 24bit/96k&192kHz, DSD, SACD, DVDA, TR24*) from rutracker.org (from now, only classical and jazz...). Could be more simple if I have downloaded only Flac 16bit/44.1kHz files or MP3s but with an average size of 1 Gb - 1.5 Gb per Hi-Res album. I use jRiver Media Center (licenced) which support in frequencies Hi-Res files.

In Vietnam, there is no problem with ©. Countraya !

(*) https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=889726 thank you Google Translator !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

I have almost 13 Tb and I am already in a "worried about space" mode : this is because I downloaded more than 5000 Hi-Res audio albums ...

In Vietnam, there is no problem with ©. Countraya !

(*) https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=889726 thank you Google Translator !

13TB 13???I guess 5k # hi-res will do that! I have the majority of stuff in ALAC, so I'm saving much space, albeit not as much as with MD. Oddly, I think my JA20ES sounds better than the ALAC files, many of which came from CD. Doesn't really make sense (I am using a decent DAC with the ALAC), but so say my ears. I expect that 2 TB will be enough for me, so I put a 2TB SSD in my MBP Are your 13 TB external?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correction : I delete the major part of my non Hi-Res collection, so now I have around 7000 HI-Res albums in 9,7 Tb (only Classical, Jazz & Funk). 13 Tb is my ultimate objective (music), as I have in Mind to download also the Rock music Hi-Res section. SSD 110Gb internal, 4 x 3 Tb external, 1 x 4 Tb external. Then I will select 600-700 albums and begin a long process of recording them on MDs ! I just complete my MD blanks collection with an order of 500 of them to sescoscuba (Sergio from "crazy for minidisc" web site).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PhilippeC said:

Correction : I delete the major part of my non Hi-Res collection, so now I have around 7000 HI-Res albums in 9,7 Tb (only Classical, Jazz & Funk). 13 Tb is my ultimate objective (music), as I have in Mind to download also the Rock music Hi-Res section. SSD 110Gb internal, 4 x 3 Tb external, 1 x 4 Tb external. Then I will select 600-700 albums and begin a long process of recording them on MDs ! I just complete my MD blanks collection with an order of 500 of them to sescoscuba (Sergio from "crazy for minidisc" web site).

 

Thanks for the details, PhillipeC...a delight to a quasi-geek such as I. Best of luck with the project! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×