sonic stage error in win 7

patterson6712

I have Sonic Stage 4.3.01 14050 on Win 7.

SonicStage : 4.3.01.14050
SonicStage Add-on for CONNECT Download : 4.3.01.14050
OpenMG Secure Module : 4.7.00.12140
MagicGate Memory Stick Device : 4.7.00.12140

When I try to upload or download music files from an HD minidisc, it gives an error as shown in the attached graphic file.

Is there a more recent version of Sonic Stage which I could try?

Thanks for help.

ss-error-1.jpg

19 hours ago, sfbp said:

YOU MUST set the write-protect tab on the MD to "writeable" (ie the tab is closed).

No and's if's or but's......

The write protect tab on the MD *is* closed, and the MD is writeable. I just managed to record a brief track on this MD.

The error happens regardless of which direction the transfer goes. If you try to send MD to My Library, it fails with the above error. If you try to send from My Library to MD, it fails with exactly the same error.

I suspect there is a problem with Sonic Stage running under Windows 7.

Is there a more recent version of Sonic Stage available, tested to work with Windows 7?

Thank you for  help.

Works good for everyone else... including me.

Did you install NETMD760 as per the downloads section? I know you are using a 1GB disk, but if you are not, the software will crash if you try to run a 32-bit NetMD driver on Windows 64-bits.

9 hours ago, sfbp said:

Works good for everyone else... including me.

Did you install NETMD760 as per the downloads section? I know you are using a 1GB disk, but if you are not, the software will crash if you try to run a 32-bit NetMD driver on Windows 64-bits.

Amazingly, it now seems to work.

If I have any further problems, I'll ask. Thank you.

• sfbp locked this topic