Neither of my minidisc players/recorder detected

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new to using minidiscs. I'm already regretting it. I installed SONICSTAGE 4.3 ultimate. Installs fine on Windows 10 (laptop,external soundcard Soundblaster omni via spdif). But Windows/Sonic doesn't detect either the MZ-R500 or my other player. Cabling is: Optical cable from MZ-R500 optical port into SPDIF port of the external sound card.

Am I missing something obvious/basic?

I've tried running a virtual copy of Windows XP via VMware with no success.

I've also tried on my Windows 7 desktop pc but it doesn't recognise the hardware either.

SonicStage installs without error on all versions of Windows.

I've spent many hrs on this and frankly, I'm over it.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help etc.

Cheers from Oz

Hi im new here as well. I have a MZ-N505 player, installed the SONICSTAGE 4.3 ultimate as well, and connected my device to my PC via USB cable. I am running Windows 10 Pro and when I plugged in the MD player it said it installed successfully however when running the Sonic Stage it does not appear in the program. What am I missing here? 

You'll probably need the NETMD760 64-bit Windows driver, although I don't know about your Windows install since you didn't give details. There are a number of things you may have to do to get rid of the drivers installed by SonicStage (but only if you have to, know what I mean?).