Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager

Rate this topic

Patrick Balleux

Hello all,

Using Linux at home, I was faced with the problem that I could not tranfer MP3 files on my NW-E003F sony player...

So I created one of my own : http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

This is a Java software and the current version is 0.03. Seems to work quite well for now.

You will need Java 1.5 installed on the PC or the player itself to make NWE00xMp3FileManager work.

Also, you will need a clean copy of you OMGAUDIO folder on your player. If you lose it, you will have to use SonicStage to make another one...

(The folder initialisation will be soon incorporated in the NWE00xMp3FileManager player itself...)

*** BE WARNED ***

SonicStage won't work with the player if you use this software

Features :

+ Import any mp3 from your hd (multiselection supported...)

+ Export any mp3 file from your player to your HD

+ Delete mp3 or any tracker on the player

+ Quite fast while tranfering

+ Works under Windows and Linux (should also work under Mac...)

Missing

- No ID Tag support (for now...)

- No Album support (for now...)

- No support for ATRAC/AAC/WMA (will come soon)

- No documentation yet (any volonteer?...)

- 255 files max...

To come...

+ Support for albums

+ More thant 255 files support...

+ Support for AAC/WMA

Your comments are welcomed...

Pat!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i would be better if we can create playlist through this software...anyway, thanx for that software...

This feature will come in a future version... First, I am working on mp3 files import/export and making the software stable.

Albums and playlist will be supported one day, but first, I need to find how cause there is no doc that explain the files format on the device.

Check this forum often for news on NW300xMp3FileManager

Pat

Hi Univert!

Does this run on windows?

Yes, it runs on windows... You need Java 1.5 installed first since this is a java application.

Go to http://www.java.sun.com and download the latest JRE (1.5 Update 8 at the moment of writing this)

Once that done, simply copy NW-E00xMp3FileManager.jar on the player (at the root) and then double-click on it.

Pat

Hi all,

There is a new release of NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager : V0.04

You can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

What's new :

+ Now support more than 255 files

+ Integrated podcasts downloader : Let you download MP3 from podcast directly to your player

+ Better feedback

+ Size of files is shown

TODO:

+ Supporting WMA/AAC/ATRAC

+ Better GUI

+ Podcast url management...

Note:

A file called "podcasts.txt" will be created by the software if it is not found. You can enter URL to podcasts in that file, one per line. The url must be poiting to the xml file of the podcast...

The next time you start NW-E00X Mp3 Manager, those urls will appear in the Podcasts tab... Click "Browse" to see the list of available MP3s. And as for files on the hard drive, clic "Add/Insert" to select them on your player. When you have selected all of your mp3s, click "Write" to download them directly to your player...

Enjoy!

Pat

Hi all again

Just to inform you that version 0.05 is out...

You can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

What's new :

+ Support for albums!

+ Better feedback

+ Show size of what is selected

TODO:

+ Better GUI

Remember : it works under Windows, Linux and Macs !

Pat

i've downloaded your latest version software and it works well. but some of my mp3s sound like a robot voice...huhh...it was very funny...and i was wondering if you can help me to solve this problem.

anyway, your software works well with my E002F...Thanks.

Edited by jurin

Hi jurin,

i've downloaded your latest version software and it works well. but some of my mp3s sound like a robot voice...huhh...it was very funny...and i was wondering if you can help me to solve this problem.

anyway, your software works well with my E002F...Thanks.

I had this problem with some podcasts, but I think it is related to the MP3 format ... Check the bitrate and frequency of the faulty mp3 to see if there is something strange...

As for NW-E00x Mp3 File manager, it is only making a copy on the player without touching it, so the problem should not be there.

Try to convert your faulty mp3 to 44.1mhz and bitrate of 128kbits to see if it is ok...

Pat

Hi jurin,

I had this problem with some podcasts, but I think it is related to the MP3 format ... Check the bitrate and frequency of the faulty mp3 to see if there is something strange...

As for NW-E00x Mp3 File manager, it is only making a copy on the player without touching it, so the problem should not be there.

Try to convert your faulty mp3 to 44.1mhz and bitrate of 128kbits to see if it is ok...

Pat

i dont know why, if i use sonicstage to transfer my mp3s, there is no problem with my mp3s sound even there are various mp3 bitrate.but when i use other software this problem will exist...i was confused about this....could someone explain to me why is it happened?

i dont know why, if i use sonicstage to transfer my mp3s, there is no problem with my mp3s sound even there are various mp3 bitrate.but when i use other software this problem will exist...i was confused about this....could someone explain to me why is it happened?

I think that sonnicstage convert your "strange bitrate"mp3 in more normal bitrate. I have read that is some topic here.

Works Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager with NW-HD**?

Hi jurin

I know that if a format is not supported by the player, SonicStage will convert it to a supported format...

I currently have a MP3 that sound like robot voice on my player, I'll investigate to see what is happening...

FOLLOW-UP:

I check the problematic mp3 file and the bytrate was at 56 kbps... It seems that NW-E00x series does not support well this format. I used FFMPEG to convert it to 128 kbps and the file was playing without problem after that...

Pat

Edited by Patrick Balleux

Hi Auke,

Works Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager with NW-HD**?

I do not know if it will work. If MP3FileManager V2 is working with that player, then NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager won't work.

The problem is that the NW-E00X series is quite different from the other series. Even if the file structure is the same, files (mp3) are not envrypted on the player for the NW-E00x series as it is for others of the NW-EXXX series.

And that's why the Mp3FileManager V2 from Sony is not working with the NW-E00x series.

As for the MP3 robot voice problem, the next version of NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager will have a solution for that problem.

Keep reading this thread or visit the sourceforge site ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

Pat

Hi all,

Ok, here is the new version of NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager : 0.06

Features :

+ Support form FFMPEG : If it is detected, you can import WMA, WAV and MP3 (converting the bitrate...)

+ Added internal mp3 player using JLayer 1.0 : You can listen to your mp3 on hardrive, your player or from a podcast

+ Better GUI, more options, etc...

+ You can now add/remove url podcast from the interface...

TODO:

+ Better GUI

Get it at:

Enjoy!

Pat

Hi all,

A new version is out : 0.07

Features:

+ Bug fix when saving albums : Now keep the correct order when reloading...

+ Added support for french language (Oui, NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager en français...)

+ Bug fix when converting WMA files : Some WMAs were not totally converted...

+ Minor corrections, gui modifications...

TODO:

+ Supporting AAC/ATRAC

+ Supporting author seach on the player

Get it at:

Enjoy!

"A version a day, keeps the doctor away..."

Nah, but there is another version : 0.08

Features :

+ Added support for listening to Shoutcast radio and also to record them on the player...

+ Added some kink of disk space left on the player. (See note below)

+ Bugfix : Is now case insensitive on folder's name. (See note2 below)

TODO:

+ Supporting AAC/ATRAC

Note : Java 1.5 is unable to detect the capacity of a drive... That will change in Java 1.6 but I had to find a way. A file called "playersize.txt" will appear with the 1gb size by default. Change that size to match the one of your player... Sorry, that's the only way for now.

Note2: On the sourceforge site, one wrote to me that NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager was not showing is songs under Linux but it was working under Windows. He told me that under linux (FC4) all folder names were in lower case... And the mp3 manager was case sensitive on folder names "10F00". I've made a small modification to be case insensitive and it should now work. If someone could validate that since I don't have FC4, I would be pleased. Thanks

Pat

It's me again!

I made NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager for the NW-E00x Sony player (I have the NW-E003FG). And everybody who owns that series knows why I've made the mp3 file manager :lol:

What I would like to know is : Can it work on other player of the NW-XXXX Series...

There are several way to validate...

1 - Empty your player and with SonicStage, add only 1 mp3 (without converting the file) to the player. A short one like 10 secondes of audio... Zip the OMGAUDIO folder with the original MP3 and send it to me. I'll be able to validate the compatibility this way. Don't forget to tell me your device model...

2 - With SonicStage, put mp3 on your player (do not convert them in atrac)... Then installer the NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager on your player at the root. Start it (you will need Java 1.5 installed) and check if your mp3 songs will show. If it is the case, then look at the left, there is a small green square button. That the play button to listen the mp3 on the player. Select one of the titles and click play (at the right, not at the top that is called "preview"). If you hear the songs then there's a good chance that it is compatible! Send the OMGAUDIO folder in a zip with only one mp3 in it. Or you can test everything and if it works... it works!

I have a hint for the NW-20x series and the NW-A60x series...

If there are other, I will need to change the name... :)

Thanks

Pat

Hi Steveh

Do you know whether the E00x players only play LC-AAC files, or if they play HE-AAC as well? With no internet connection at home, I can't install Sonicstage 4 and check myself. Since AAC is on your to-do list, I thought you might know.

I'm sorry, but for now, I do not know. The AAC support is on my todo list, but I haven't check that for now. Check this forum often since things are going fast.

Pat

Hi All,

The NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager has a new version released : 0.09

What's new :

+ Now album/title shows in a treeview instead of a list :)

+ Removed the shoutcast list and replace by a shoutcast browser. Yep, when you click on un PLS link, it will play...

+ Now support native WMA on the player. No more converting is needed.

+ Detection of file type (MP3 or WMA)

Get it at : http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

Note:

You can still convert any file to MP3 (even streams) but if you have a WMA file, the player supports it. In the event of a format that the player would not recognize, you can still convert it to an MP3 format directly in the Mp3 File Manager (if FFMpeg is found on you PC or on the key...)

Now the Shoutcast tab is a browser like a small Web browser that always show Shoutcast. You can click on any link (buttons may not work). No javascript support in there... You can seach for keyword so you can find a radio station as you like. One you have found a stream, click on it and the Mp3 File Manager will play it. If you want to record it, click Add button, and when you will click "Write", the Mp3 file manager will save the stream on your player...

And, now, the album support is fully functionnal, and shows as a treeview instead of a list...

That's all folks!

Pat

Here's a screen shot of NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager 0.09

Pat

Hi All!

The new version 0.10 is now out:

Features :

+ Better GUI

+ Added some key control (like DEL key to delete a title)

+ Free space is what will be when titles are saved

+ Added new fonction : Split Title. Usefull for podcast. It is like creating chapters on a MP3 file. The Fast forward on the player is so slow, that should help.

+ JAR file is now a lot smaller. Compression is not activated...

+ Added a message for when the OMGAUDIO folder is not found

TODO:

+ Supporting AAC/ATRAC

Get it at:

For any request, features of bugs, please use the sourceforge site since everything is in place to report those request...

Happy Listening!

Pat

Great File Manager!

But is there any kind of Firmware to update that eneables the Sony Walkman to read the MP3 file? Like Sandisk MP3 players and others??

No, but there are some format that the player cannot read like at bitrate 56kbist/... That's why transcoding was added to NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager...

Thank you for your comment

Happy Listening!

Pat

Hi dankec,

Please, will it be possible to work with NW-E40x and NW-E50x? Ever?

I tried with my NW-E507 without success (said there's -5Gb free space) ... to bad, because it's such a great piece of sw.

That's part of my future project but the encoding is different to make them work. I think that each title is encrypted on the player. If you could, send me the OMGAUDIO folder zipped with only one mp3 in it (a small one) and also with the original mp3 so I can compare.

Since I do not have the player myselt, you would have to test it for me... If things are not to hard to work, it would be done in a few days...

Go to the sourceforge site to send me there files, and tell me the exact model number of your player.

For the space left, that's easy. Be default, the Mp3 File Manager thinks that the size of the player is 1gigs (I have a 1 gig player...) but there is a file called "playersize.txt"... Change the value of the first line to match your player. Java is unable to dectect the size of a disk. This feature will be part of the next Java version as I read in another forum...

Pat

ello,

i stumbled onto this thread because i was looking for an alternative for sonicstage... it's really starting to bug me.

i've downloaded the mp3 file manager and copied it into the root of my sony NW-E005. i start it up, and select a song and download it to the player. but when i try to play it, the player says: NO DATABASE... does anyone know what could be the problem, and/or a possible solution?

could it be because i recently updated the firmware on the player with the new one on the belgian (i bought my player in belgium) sony site? (http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/Downloads/downloads.asp?c=WM&sc=NWF&f=FRM_NWF_E000&l=nl)

greetz

Hi dankec,

That's part of my future project but the encoding is different to make them work. I think that each title is encrypted on the player. If you could, send me the OMGAUDIO folder zipped with only one mp3 in it (a small one) and also with the original mp3 so I can compare.

Since I do not have the player myselt, you would have to test it for me... If things are not to hard to work, it would be done in a few days...

Go to the sourceforge site to send me there files, and tell me the exact model number of your player.

For the space left, that's easy. Be default, the Mp3 File Manager thinks that the size of the player is 1gigs (I have a 1 gig player...) but there is a file called "playersize.txt"... Change the value of the first line to match your player. Java is unable to dectect the size of a disk. This feature will be part of the next Java version as I read in another forum...

Pat

I would like to add my voice to support for the older walkmans with Naurd, I have a NW-HD5 and I believe this is the same encryption as the E40X/E50X. Have you noticed the ml_sony project that already supports these players and the encryption? Maybe OtiasJ can help you there and the source is on sourceforge. These players need sonys mp3 file manager installed because that supplys a unique deviceID that is used for the encryption of the mp3s. Then I guess ml_sony has an algorithm for encrypting the mp3s for the intended device. Thats about my limited knowledge of such things. I will be happy to help out in anyway possible to help you add support and test. Thanks for the great work!

Richard

Hi jakke2,

ello,

i stumbled onto this thread because i was looking for an alternative for sonicstage... it's really starting to bug me.

i've downloaded the mp3 file manager and copied it into the root of my sony NW-E005. i start it up, and select a song and download it to the player. but when i try to play it, the player says: NO DATABASE... does anyone know what could be the problem, and/or a possible solution?

The firmware should not be a problem. If it says "NO DATABASE", then start agin the Mp3 Manager and click "Write" again. It will recreate the index files as needed. When that is happening for me it is because I removed the player too fast from the usb port. You have to let it finish writing before removing it.

That was the easy response... Now for the hard one.

I don't know if the "belgian" version is diffement from mine in the index files. I hope not... Anyway, you could send me the OMGAUDIO folder thru the sourceforge site (contact me with email) and put only 1 mp3 in it (a small one)... I'll check to see if there is something corrupted...

But try the rewriting tip, every time I got this problem, it was solved this way. (Don't worry, your titles are still on the player.)

Pat

Creator of NW-E00x Mp3 Player

Hi Richard,

I would like to add my voice to support for the older walkmans with Naurd, I have a NW-HD5 and I believe this is the same encryption as the E40X/E50X. Have you noticed the ml_sony project that already supports these players and the encryption? Maybe OtiasJ can help you there and the source is on sourceforge. These players need sonys mp3 file manager installed because that supplys a unique deviceID that is used for the encryption of the mp3s. Then I guess ml_sony has an algorithm for encrypting the mp3s for the intended device.

I think you're right about the encryption, and it should not be that hard to find out. There is also the hddtool on sourceforge (something like that) where I can get some info...

Zip your OMGAUDIO folder with only one MP3 in it and also with the original MP3 and send it to me via the sourceforge site (email). I'll see what I can do.

Pat

i got it working!!

when i first tried it, i deleted the entire contents of my player and then let sonicstage create a new OMGAUDIO directory on it, but without transferring any songs. then i copied the mp3 file manager onto the player and started downloading songs. but then i kept getting the NO DATABASE error, no matter what i tried.

but now i found your file OMGAUDIO.zip and put that onto my empty player and then started the file manager again and now it works!

Thanx very much for this great program! it works like a charm.

i was starting to think that maybe this player wasn't that good a purchase, but now all is well in the world.

Hi derekele,

it seems playlists not working!

i goto my playlist from my player ..it says no item...

Playlists are not supported for now. Did not have the time to reach that. Same thing for artists. These features I in planned in future version...

Pat

Hi jakke2,

but now i found your file OMGAUDIO.zip and put that onto my empty player and then started the file manager again and now it works!

Maybe there is something that I missed with those index files. I am able to use them by trial an error... But since the OMGAUDIO.zip does the job done, great!. Remember that the searching features do not work because nothing as been done for now to implement this feature.

Happy "Listening"!

Pat

OK, I'm having the same problem as jakke2. I'm using firmware 2.0 on a NW-E005F. The filemanager can always read what is on the device but if I close it, wait a minute, safely remove the device, and then unplug it, 'NO DATABASE' just comes up on the screen.

Where can I find your OMGAUDIO.zip file? Hopefully that will fix it.

Cheers for all your work,

Peter