Naurd NW-E00X Mp3 File Manager

Rate this topic

Patrick Balleux

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dankec,

That's part of my future project but the encoding is different to make them work. I think that each title is encrypted on the player. If you could, send me the OMGAUDIO folder zipped with only one mp3 in it (a small one) and also with the original mp3 so I can compare.

Since I do not have the player myselt, you would have to test it for me... If things are not to hard to work, it would be done in a few days...

Go to the sourceforge site to send me there files, and tell me the exact model number of your player.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwe00xmp3man

For the space left, that's easy. Be default, the Mp3 File Manager thinks that the size of the player is 1gigs (I have a 1 gig player...) but there is a file called "playersize.txt"... Change the value of the first line to match your player. Java is unable to dectect the size of a disk. This feature will be part of the next Java version as I read in another forum...

Pat

Hello, Patrick!

I wish to support your work as much as I can, so I sent you (private message on this forum) a OMGAUDIO.zip from my NW-E507 (1Gb) player. Inside is just one mp3 file as you wanted. I suppose it's going to work for all the rest of nw-e40x and 50x players... even more.

Hope you'll succeed to make a universal manager for all sony players.

i've been using the program for a couple of days now, and i have a few remarks:

1) when i put more than 13 directories on the player, the program only shows 13 directories. the other folders are also on the player, and i can play them, but the program doesn't show them...

2) some songs have a little glitch in them in the first seconds

it's a great program and i would really like to thank the creator, and i certainly don't mean any disrespect with this post, but i was just wondering if other people have similar problems.

Jakke2

Hi jakke2,

1) when i put more than 13 directories on the player, the program only shows 13 directories. the other folders are also on the player, and i can play them, but the program doesn't show them...

2) some songs have a little glitch in them in the first seconds

Hmmm.. I'll check that 13 directories problem... There is nothing from preventing the number of albums...

For the small glitch, did you converted them or simply imported them? In any case, I'll check if this is related to having the ID tags still in the mp3...

And don't worry, there is no disrespect on the contrary. Taking the time to report some issue will simply help the software.

Thanks

Pat

Hi jakke2,

Hmmm.. I'll check that 13 directories problem... There is nothing from preventing the number of albums...

For the small glitch, did you converted them or simply imported them? In any case, I'll check if this is related to having the ID tags still in the mp3...

And don't worry, there is no disrespect on the contrary. Taking the time to report some issue will simply help the software.

Thanks

Pat

ello,

i've removed all the tag information from every mp3, and then added them onto the player again. and i think (after a fast of check of some songs) the glitches are gone now! thanx!! :)

edit: about the second problem: The 13 directories problem is because of the limit of 255 songs... in the 13 directories there are more than 255 songs, and the program doesn't display the rest. the program does put over 255 songs on the player, it just doesn't show them.

greetings and salutations

Edited by jakke2

i've downloaded the mp3 file manager and copied it into the root of my sony NW-E005. i start it up, and select a song and download it to the player. but when i try to play it, the player says: NO DATABASE... does anyone know what could be the problem, and/or a possible solution?

could it be because i recently updated the firmware on the player with the new one on the belgian (i bought my player in belgium) sony site? (http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/Downloads/downloads.asp?c=WM&sc=NWF&f=FRM_NWF_E000&l=nl)

greetz

I have the E005F (latest firmware) and have the same NO DATABASE problem.

Firstly I formatted the Sony Player using the advanced settings and then went in SonicStage but did nothing.

I then copied the tracks of 1 album onto the player. I hit the NO DATABASE message and tried to re-copy the files. The software knew the tracks were on the player because it appeared that nothing was transferred.

I have tried using the OMGAUDIO folder from the web site. This works OK but I get song titles such as Ghost Busters when I perform a search in the Sony player. I don't know how to remove the unwanted song titles. Hence my thread.

Hi alisam,

I have tried using the OMGAUDIO folder from the web site. This works OK but I get song titles such as Ghost Busters when I perform a search in the Sony player. I don't know how to remove the unwanted song titles. Hence my thread.

I think what you are trying to do is to use the playlist. It is not supported for now.

Or, you installed the OMGAUDIO folder on your player but you are using the NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager from your PC and not from the player itselft...

I know, a README would be usefull to install... I will come soon...

1 - copy on your player the OMGAUDIO.zip un your player in the root (E:\)

2 - copy at the root the NW-E00x_mp3_file_manager.JAR in the same place (E:\)

3 - Enjoy!

Pat

Hi solus,

The artist/album organising on my NW-E005 seems to get jumbled up if I delete a track from the mp3 player with the File Manager. Is this normal?

The artist/album seach on the player is not supported for now. I will be implemented in a future version. All that is supported for now is the title and the album in the browsing not in the search...

Thank you for your comment

Pat

I've got a problem using this software...i've pasted mp3 file manager inside but nokia application opens it when i double click... which program should i use to open that .jar file?

hi, skyInthesea, your name is very funny ahh...

hmmm...i think, this can help you to run or open the jar file..just follow the simple instruction below ok..

1.open the notepad application

2.just type " java -jar NW-E003_MP3_File_Manager-0.xx.jar " in the notepad application.

3.save it as bat file(e.g: run.bat).put the file into same directory with the jar file..ok.

4.thats all

then...just double click on the bat file....

very simple right....ehehhehehheh...smile..

:wave::lol::D

hi SkyInTheSea,

I've got a problem using this software...i've pasted mp3 file manager inside but nokia application opens it when i double click... which program should i use to open that .jar file?

Bummer! Your Nokia software as stolen the default lauching application for a JAR file.

You can use the suggestion of Jurin or you can reinstall the JRE 1.5 and it should bring back the default lauching application.

You can also open with "Open with..." and see if Java is there...

Pat

Hi tibbar,

hi

i am running Ubuntu Dapper with Sun Java 5.0 Runtime, the file NW-E003_MP3_File_Manager-0.10.jar is on the root of the sony NW-E003.

I run the java app but it always says "????./OMGAUDIO ???" at the bottom of the screen...any idea what I am doing wrong?

The application is looking for the OMGAUDIO folder.

1 - To find it, it looks in ./ and ../ . Thus you must copy the application JAR at the root of the player (/media/usbmedia/)

2 - You have to have this folder "OMGAUDIO". You can use the OMGAUDIO.zip files from the optionals packages in the sourceforge project.

3 - Also, under linux, you have to execute the application from the root of the player. Simply double-clicking on the jar won't work because the launching directory will be your home folder "~/"...

See that HOWTO on the net : http://www.lynchconsulting.com.au/blog/ind...in-Linux--HOWTO

Pat

Edited by Patrick Balleux

hmm now i have a problem, i didnt close the app before removing the sony device from the usb slot, result was index is corrupted. formatting and reloading OMGAUDIO doesnt resolve this and the device says "NO DATA" after apparently copying mp3's across...known bug?

guess i will be stuck with sonicstage after all

Edited by tibbar

Hi tibbar,

hmm now i have a problem, i didnt close the app before removing the sony device from the usb slot, result was index is corrupted. formatting and reloading OMGAUDIO doesnt resolve this and the device says "NO DATA" after apparently copying mp3's across...known bug?

I have the same setup as you have...

1 - Always unmount the USB drive because it is possible that there is still data to be written even if the software is closed

2 - Be sure that the ehci_hcd is not loaded. It as been reported that support for USB drive 2,0 is broken

3 - That would explain the BSOD in VMWare...

On my setup, I have disabled the loading of ehci_hcd on my Ubuntu 6.06... You will be stuck in USB 1.1 but it will work.

To remove the ehci_hcd : as root :

Remove the player from the USB port...

rmmod ehci_hcd

Format the player with the internal menu

copy again the OMGAUDIO folder on it

and the software...

Then it should be working.

Remember, the longer the transfer the longer the buffer will take time to be emptied... This is not related to my software but to a problem in the kernel 2.6

This way, it should work!

Pat

Hi tibbar,

I have the same setup as you have...

1 - Always unmount the USB drive because it is possible that there is still data to be written even if the software is closed

2 - Be sure that the ehci_hcd is not loaded. It as been reported that support for USB drive 2,0 is broken

3 - That would explain the BSOD in VMWare...

On my setup, I have disabled the loading of ehci_hcd on my Ubuntu 6.06... You will be stuck in USB 1.1 but it will work.

To remove the ehci_hcd : as root :

Remove the player from the USB port...

rmmod ehci_hcd

Format the player with the internal menu

copy again the OMGAUDIO folder on it

and the software...

Then it should be working.

Remember, the longer the transfer the longer the buffer will take time to be emptied... This is not related to my software but to a problem in the kernel 2.6

This way, it should work!

Pat

you were right on all counts, it's funny when i did umount /media/usbdisk after copying an album of mp3's it took a good 30 seconds to complete the umount, which as you say, explains the corruption.

Many thanks once again.

hi tibbar,

one final question...all the artist names come out as "RunDMC" and from artist search mode the albums are called "Ghostbuster"...since none of my mp3 tags have this, is this a feature until you can implement the artist names in the database?

It was there in my own OMGAUDIO folder when I created the zip archve...

It was left by SonicStage.

Actually there is a lot of data that SS does not clean-up when you delete all tracks...

Pat

Hi SkyInTheSea,

I tried to use this file manager but i don't have the copy only option which appears in your screenshot so I have no idea how to transfer songs into my mp3 :(

You don't have the FFMPEG.zip (or FFMPEG) available for NW-E00x Mp3 File Manager...

If you are using Windows, copy the FFMPEG-win32.zip from the sourceforge site and copy the content at the same place as the Mp3 File Manager... On the next start, you should see "FFMPEG support enabled"... With the "Copy only"...

Pat

A file called "podcasts.txt" will be created by the software if it is not found. You can enter URL to podcasts in that file, one per line. The url must be poiting to the xml file of the podcast...

The next time you start NW-E00X Mp3 Manager, those urls will appear in the Podcasts tab... Click "Browse" to see the list of available MP3s. And as for files on the hard drive, clic "Add/Insert" to select them on your player. When you have selected all of your mp3s, click "Write" to download them directly to your player...

Sorry, I haven't tried a podcast before ...

I entered this URl: http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/mediawatch.rss and clicked the + button. Then I clicked the browse button and 2 titles were displayed eg Mediawatch for 1 October (0.0 Mb) (Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:10:00 +1300).

I can click the 'add title to the player' button but I don't understand how I get the files onto the hard drive in order to 'Add/Insert'.

What do I do next?

By the way I am using Explorer 7

Hi Alisam.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/mediawatch.rss and clicked the + button. Then I clicked the browse button and 2 titles were displayed eg Mediawatch for 1 October (0.0 Mb) (Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:10:00 +1300).

I can click the 'add title to the player' button but I don't understand how I get the files onto the hard drive in order to 'Add/Insert'.

Once added you have to click the "Write" button at lower right to apply/download your selection...

Careful with podcast of size 0 MB, I never was able to download them. Maybe there is a bug that I have to check.

Pat

Hi Alisam.

Once added you have to click the "Write" button at lower right to apply/download your selection...

Careful with podcast of size 0 MB, I never was able to download them. Maybe there is a bug that I have to check.

Pat

I think that because the size said 0 MB then I thought there was no point clicking on the 'Write' button.

Neverthless, I tried 2 options:

1) I clicked the Write button and sure enough the file was (presumably) downloaded directly from the site onto the Sony E005 player. It took a bit of finding but when I played the podcast back, it was though the voices were on fast forward.

2) I downloaded the postcast file onto my PC, deleted the file in 1) above and loaded the file via the Local tab. Finally, clicked the Write button. Again, the voices appeared to be on fast forward.

If I listen to the podcast by clicking on the 'Play selected titles' button in the File Manager (v0.10) then the podcast plays with the voices at normal speed.

Hi alisam,

I think that because the size said 0 MB then I thought there was no point clicking on the 'Write' button.

Neverthless, I tried 2 options:

2) I downloaded the postcast file onto my PC, deleted the file in 1) above and loaded the file via the Local tab. Finally, clicked the Write button. Again, the voices appeared to be on fast forward.

Ok I see what is happening. The sony player is not fully compatible with all mp3 format/bitrate, etc...

It happens a lot with Podcast (and not only with Sony Player...).

What you need to do is to transcode the podcast manually on your hardrive or by using FFMPEG transcoding inside NW-E00x Mp3 File manager. Choose the diresred bitrate from the list "Copy Only" at the left of the write button.

Also, you file manager should show "FFMPEG support enabled". If not, then it means that FFMPEG.exe (under windows) was not found.

If you use Windows, download the FFMPEG-win32.zip file from the Optionals on the sourceforge project. Unzip it's content at the same place you installed the NW-E00xMp3FileManager.jar

When restarting the File Manager, you should now have the FFMPEG enabled...

Them, go to the podcasts tab, select the podcast to download on your player. Select a bitrate and click the "write" button.

What will happen is that the file will be transcoded as it is being downloaded to a more compatible format for the Sony Player.

You can do the same with files from your HD also...

Pat

Ok I see what is happening. The sony player is not fully compatible with all mp3 format/bitrate, etc...

Them, go to the podcasts tab, select the podcast to download on your player. Select a bitrate and click the "write" button.

What will happen is that the file will be transcoded as it is being downloaded to a more compatible format for the Sony Player.

Thanks for that.

Information about the podcast mp3 file says 48kbps. I therefore used the MP3 64kbps setting. The result is much better. Listening through Shure E2G ear phones the voice is clear. However, there seems to be a backround noise. Its hard to describe, but its an electronic noise caused when the voice is talking (perhaps it is distortion). The noise is annoying but not unbearable.

After listening to the podcast via Windows Media Player, I think the electronic noise is still there but because I only have cheap speakers it is hard to tell.

PS I have never listened to a podcast before and so, I don't know whether I am expecting too much.

Hi alisam,

After listening to the podcast via Windows Media Player, I think the electronic noise is still there but because I only have cheap speakers it is hard to tell.

PS I have never listened to a podcast before and so, I don't know whether I am expecting too much.

A MP3 at 48kbp is like of great quality, so transcoding and 48bps to 64kbps will not make it better. That's why you have this "electronic noise" from time to time. This is due to the compression of sound.

It can even happen on MP3 at higger bitrate with some music or sound even if the source was a wav.

A 48kbps is like AM radio... So don't expect to much...

Patrick

First, i would like to thank you for your great work about this selfmade java software. You really deserve it.

I own a nw-e003 since 2 weeks and i'm fed up with SonicStage to tranfer mp3s on my walkman. I just understand that i bought a protected player and i can't just drop mp3s on it without Sony shitty software. So, i search on internet if some alternatives exist to remplace SS and i find this forum then your soft.

I just test it with some drum'n'bass mp3s. Sound lokes good, no skips to deplore for the moment (i listen to it in the same time !). Hope this stay like this.

After that, i found a winamp plugin named "ml_sony" which can make the transfert much easier to my walkman. In the setup readme, there is something like :

-If you have a protected player make sure you have at least ONE of the following :

*MP3FM correctly installed with a MP3FM/DvId.dat file :

see the official sony page about MP3 File Manager

I think that your software is an alternative of official MP3FM so i would like to know if you have already tested it with winamp. Maybe a solution already exists, if it's the case, please drop me a thread which talk about it.

Thanks again for your work.

Cheers.

Thnx for this great program! this is what i've been searching for some time.

only one problem..

i've got the NW-E005 with 2 GB, and i cant get more tracks on it than 225 or 13 albums.

when wil this be fixed? or is there a "trick" so that i can fix it myself? (i'm not a code btw.)

because now i have about 63mb of unused space :(

owyeah is it ok to fill in the size that windows show under 'properties>capacity' in the size.txt? (calculated from bytes to Kb ofcourse)

thats what i did, because the pre-calculated size in the txt will leave too much space "hidden"

Thnxx in advance

K.

hi Outlaw_DragoN

Thnx for this great program! this is what i've been searching for some time.

only one problem..

i've got the NW-E005 with 2 GB, and i cant get more tracks on it than 225 or 13 albums.

when wil this be fixed? or is there a "trick" so that i can fix it myself? (i'm not a code btw.)

because now i have about 63mb of unused space :(

owyeah is it ok to fill in the size that windows show under 'properties>capacity' in the size.txt? (calculated from bytes to Kb ofcourse)

thats what i did, because the pre-calculated size in the txt will leave too much space "hidden"

Thnxx in advance

K.

There is not actual limit of titles or albums. It is suppose to support all the space that you have. And of course, you can edit the kb space in the playersize.txt file as you need. What I did is doubled the 1 gigs size for the 2 gigs size.

Your saying that if you have 14 albums, the 14th won't show up in the player?

I check that.

Thanks

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mcheiron,

Hi Patrick,

is there a chance that your awesome program might also support the new NW-S70X walkmans? That would be really great.

If you need something for that, let me know and I will send your want you need.

MCheiron

This could be a possibility, but we hace a lot of work to do. What you can do to help is to email me the content of your player OMGAUDIO folder with only 1 mp3 in it and with the original mp3. Pick a really small mp3 to keep the size small (lime 5 sec of audio).

This will help us in supporting other players.

Pat

First of all, many thanks for your hard work on this!

I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm having problems getting this program to work for me. Could somebody provide me with step-by-step instructions for what to do?

-I have a NW-E003F

-I deleted everything off of the unit

-I installed that damned Sonic program on my computer which put the OMGAUDIO file on my unit

-I then downloaded your program onto my unit

-the program opens but the only thing I can do is preview songs which are on my computer's hard drive, all the other buttons on the left hand side are disabled

-I had previously downloaded your software to my computer and some of the buttons functioned, but not the "add title to the player" which is why I tried to put the softward on my unit hoping that was the problem

Thanks for any help!!

Greetings Pat!

Many thanks for such necessary program and work which you have done!

two questions:

1 - whether probably to add support of Russian, if yes that is whether it in your schedules?

2 - mine NW-E005 on 2 GB and except for your program anything is not present, but the program shows that freely only 928 MB

Once again thank!

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for your hard work Patrick - great effort.

I bookmarked your project site on sourceforge and been visiting it from time to time looking for updates but found none. I saw several people joining your project so I have a qustion - when can we expect new release? I understand that you cannot tell the exact date but are we talking about days, weeks or months away from new version?

Thanks again,

Maciej