Sonic Stage recognize my computer as other computer after formating the PC

ivandrago

i have a computer with Windows xp that i had not used for several years ago in which i recorded several CD's with ATRAC3 format, days ago i started the computer again and i had to format and reinstall the Windows xp operating system with the original disk that came when i bought the computer, after installing all the necessary to use the computer again i installed sonic stage 4.3 now that i try to modify those CD's and save the music inside of those CD's, it tells me that it isn't the same computer, that i can only modify those CD's in the computer where they were created, but i am in the same computer. how can i solve this problem?

You cannot. Sorry, that is exactly by design.

HOWEVER, they can be played with VLC, thanks to some work done a few years ago in which I participated.

Just a small question - if the disk was reformatted, how did the files survive? Maybe you and I don't mean the same thing by "reformatted"....

i guess you didn't read well, i recorded my music on CD's (compaq disc) and i want to transfer the music inside those compaq discs to my old computer in WHICH I BURN THESE COMPACT DISCS, the files on the CD's are .ATP extensions and con not be played anywhere except on sony discman devices, VLC is useless in this case

i read in the help section of Sonic Stage that i can import opengm files from a CD and atrac3 CD's but i guess the people who created Sonic stage don't have  the idea of what his progam is capable to do is outrageous, now i know why atrc3 didn't take off.

thank you for your help greetings

Well sorry to sound like I have a chip on my shoulder... but I actually took the open-source version of the minidisc access project called "QHiMdTransfer" and made it so that software would play (and transfer) from ATRAC CDs.

The problem in this case was not Sony, but the fools running THAT ("linux-minidisc#") project because they told me (literally) to "fork off" (free software development speak for "make your own version of all this and support it, we want nothing to do with it - and you").

So I abandoned it. So much for co-operative development. It seems like that project never got finished, and died shortly afterwards. The one legacy is that VLC has support for (even the encrypted versions of) files laid down by Sonic Stage. But still no luck with CDs.

Sony has always had a financial interest in selling digital media (DVDs, CDs, and now Bluray which is absolutely good enough for huge movie theatres). Putting a ton of songs on an "ordinary" CD was never going to make them (or anyone else) any money. The problem with the FSF open-source guys was that they went into it with a mission ("beat Sony who stop us from enjoying our own music") but didn't have the experience to know and understand all the use cases. I still use ATRAC CDs in my car, but they are simply not an archive format. End of.