Remote with Play Mode for MD MZ-R35

Rate this topic

Wormfingers

Hi everyone!

I just found my old Sony MZ-R35 player after 15 years. It is in decent condition, but some of the controls on the unit do not work (volume, pause, mode, display).

The remote that came with it can control Volume and Pause but not the Play Mode or the Display. Would the remote of later units - like the RM-MZR50 or RM-MZR55 - be able to achieve that?

If you know other remotes that could control the Play Mode and the Display for the MZ-R35, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

First off, I would try cleaning the contacts on the remotre cable where it goes into the unit. You may want to simply disturb the "nice" shiny gold surface by scratching with a very sharp knife.

Then I would double check battery voltages and see if there is a voltage drop between the battery and the unit. Bad connections.

Finally, I would test and see if it works when plugged directly into the mains charger. If it does, it's just possible that your batteries need replacing.

28 minutes ago, sfbp said:

First off, I would try cleaning the contacts on the remotre cable where it goes into the unit. You may want to simply disturb the "nice" shiny gold surface by scratching with a very sharp knife.

Then I would double check battery voltages and see if there is a voltage drop between the battery and the unit. Bad connections.

Finally, I would test and see if it works when plugged directly into the mains charger. If it does, it's just possible that your batteries need replacing.

Thank you for your reply. The issue is not with the remote I currently have (RM-MZR30). The problem is that some of the buttons located on the unit stopped working. Some of them can be controlled with the remote (Pause, Volume), but I am mainly interested in controlling Play Mode and Display. Since my remote does not control these functions, I wonder if I could use another remote - RM-MZR50 or RM-MZR55 - that includes these controls. If you know other remotes that are compatible with my MZ-R35 player, I am all ears.