BlankDisc Error on MZ-R700 Help Needed

Rate this topic

Hello All,

Newbie here that needs some help.

• My MiniDisc Deck is MDS-JE330. 
  • My MiniDisc Player is MZ-R700.

From the Deck I recorded a CD on a brand new Memorex MD74 MiniDisc.  Popped it in the Player and it played fine.

I made 4 more on used media (Sony 80, 74, 74 & Memorex 80) and only 1 plays in the Player (Sony 74)  The other 3 show up as "blankdisc". 

When I put all 4 back in the Deck, it recognizes and plays them fine.

I ruled out the Deck as it recorded them fine and it reads/plays them back fine. 

Current Settings:

• Input = Analog
  • T.Mark = LSync
  • LS(T) = -50dB
  • Auto = On
  • S. Space = On
  • PHold = On
  • Sleep = Off
  • Rec = Stereo

Not sure if its the Media as the Deck read/played new and used no problem.  The Player read/played the original new one and one of the used ones.  Could the Player be finicky to some?

Could it be any of the settings on the Deck that I need to adjust/toggle?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I finally figured it out.  On the MiniDisc Deck I was ejecting the media after recording before hitting stop, then eject.  Once I did that the Player would fully recognize the media.  Just recorded 25 discs successfully that plays back fine in the Deck and the Player.

Sorry,. that makes no sense at all. Something that is working wasn't working before. There is no way that pushing eject would not trigger a TOC write. Conclusion: your MZ-R700 is dangerously close to being out of alignment and may fail at any time. It may even have a blown overwrite head.