Sony Insider Forums
MindbenderX

NEED MZ NH1 cradle

Rate this topic

On 10/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, MindbenderX said:

need the cradle for a MZ-NH1

Actually, do you not need the cradle to charge. I have an NH1 and have never even used the cradle. I bought a wall charger from eBay specifically for the lip4wm battery and it works well! Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-voltage-Charger-FOR-SONY-LIP-4WM-Rechargeable-Battery-MZ-NH1-RH1-M200-NH3D-/324033311023?_ul=CO

My unit is a little different from the one on the linked page, but I purchased from the same seller. You should contact him.

Multi-voltage-Charger-for-SONY-LIP-4WM-Battery-for.jpg

Hi,

I am in England and have just discovered my MZ-NH1 (and LIP-4WM battery) in a box in my loft  - I want to check it works before tracking down the elusive BCA-MZNH1 dock/charge stand and this charger might be ideal but the link is old and web search doesn't return any results. Do you have any details of the manufacturer/model of the charger to assist my search?

Thanks

pd

Welcome!

21 minutes ago, Daggers8 said:

but the link is old and web search doesn't return any results. Do you have any details of the manufacturer/model of the charger to assist my search?

ETA: Sorry my bad, you mean the charger from the previous post. Doh! Stephen knows this stuff, I'm sure he'll comment when he wakes up (any time now...)

I'm not sure I understand this part of your statement/question.

BCA-MZNH1 is the Sony charger/dock.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/portable-music-players-minidisc-portable/mz-nh1

Hard to tell from the description. I don't much like the sound of having to "move the adjusters" for the + and - terminals, when most Li-Ion batteries actually have 3 terminals.

I'd be inclined to check out this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-USB-CABLE-FOR-MZ-NH1-MZ-NH3D-OR-MZ-DH10P-MINIDISC-PLAYERS/274693567699

Sorry I don't remember if it fails to charge without the stand but I think not; that stand is very nice but a cosmetic detail, especially since you can't do USB to it (if my memory serves correctly). I would also comment that you do NOT want to be always removing and reinserting the LIP-4WM which is a really tight fit. Once it becomes less than tight, your connection (to the battery terminals) may become quite unreliable.

There is a stand for sale in Germany (no cable). Sigh.

Thanks for the response, I did see the stand for sale in Germany and also one in USA but import duties now apply even from Germany so that would add more expense before finding out if the NH1 even works after a decade or more in storage.

Do you think that this cable would power the up/charge the NH1 or would it be just for data sync?

My NH900 no longer charges or powers up from the gumstick battery but I don't need to plug in the charger when it is connected to my notebook via mini USB cable for transferring files so I would hope that this is the same?

I messaged the seller to query if it charges the NH1 or if it is just for data transfer - he is selling an NH1 (and an RH1) so he has the ability to test it as he is asking big money for it!

Unfortunately some eBay sellers do tend to cash in on the rarity of accessories - from my perspective, the price is worth paying if I get the end result I am hoping for - I am hoping to connect a mini disc to my Denon UD-M30 receiver (as I am now permanently working from home) and thought the NH1 would look good on it's stand sat astride the mini hi-fi.

Double-sigh. The NH1 does ***NOT*** charge from the cable alone. Sorry for raising false hope. The MZ-RH1 does, however.

Further error by me - the LIP-4WM has only 2 terminals. So that other device would be safe. Doesn't buy you transfer to a PC though. To answer your other question, having computer hooked to stereo may be just as effective, and much less costly.