Technics SJ-HDA710 manual & specs?

Rate this topic

Stachu

Service manual published in year 2000, I doubt it's MDLP. You can buy a service manual from various places (sorry no free download I could find) and see what the drive is. There's no sign of any buttons for record speed on the numerous pictures, including the one in Poland you may even be thinking about buying.

I found the Service Manual easily enough ( LINK ) but had no joy with the user manual.

The deck seems to have been designed as an optional extra for a DVD mini system: SC-HDA710.  The user manual for that can be found HERE but unfortunately it doesn't cover the MiniDisc deck. The main system (but not the MD deck) seems to hang together with ribbon cables though, rather than usual RCA hi-fi leads.

36 minutes ago, sfbp said:

Service manual published in year 2000, I doubt it's MDLP. You can buy a service manual from various places (sorry no free download I could find) and see what the drive is. There's no sign of any buttons for record speed on the numerous pictures, including the one in Poland you may even be thinking about buying.

Yeah, I cannot see any evidence that it's MDLP compatible from the pictures I've found.

Too bad they had to rename the chip and give it a Technics number instead of sticking with the Sony designation. I mean, I seriously doubt they did anything other than change the label. So someone might be able to identify it from the pinout, but I think you've got your answer, Stan.

(see posts below) I've been wrong many times and this is one of those times.

18 minutes ago, sfbp said:

Too bad they had to rename the chip and give it a Technics number instead of sticking with the Sony designation. I mean, I seriously doubt they did anything other than change the label. So someone might be able to identify it from the pinout, but I think you've got your answer, Stan.

Agree. Doesn't look like a Sony chip. For start it seems to have the DAC and ADC on-chip. Sony seem to prefer external devices.

I looked at the Sony CXD2654 (JE520, 1998), CXD2656 (JE530, 1999) and CXD2662 (JE440, 2000) and the pinout is nothing like. The Sony chips are very similar pinouts but nothing like the Technics/Panasonic device.

So at best maybe ATRAC1 v4.5 Type R.