Sony BCA-NWHD3 USB adapter for MZ-N10 (data transfer & charging)

Rate this topic

Najaz

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum...

I've recently discovered that the BCA-NWHD3 adapter that came with the Sony NW-HD3 player can also be used with Sony MZ-N10 NetMD player. Both devices have the same proprietary port for data transfer and charging. All you need to do is to cut a piece of plastic that supports the adapter when connecting to the device (I used my Dremel tool to cut it; very easy stuff). Then you can attach the adapter to MZ-N10 and use a regular mini USB cable to connect the MD player to your computer. You can also charge the player via DC-in jack with an auxiliary AC-DC adapter. I use a 5V Sony PSP power adapter by the way; it works flawlessly for charging MZ-N10.

Unfortunately, you cannot attach the BCA-NWHD3 adapter to the charging cradle. Because of the plastic housing, it doesn't fit into the cradle.

Hope this information may help someone who is searching for a "hard to find" USB cable for MZ-N10...

Here are some photos:

eOeOsv.jpg

69FKkK.jpg

kGWmLi.jpg

Au8b9Y.jpg

ItjW9O.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

Since I received the N10 this summer I've tried to charge it with a BCA-NWHD3 (@6V) and can confirm it doesn't charge even if indicating so.

The reason is most likely due to some control pins (cradle_det?) ends up connected to GND due to different pinout compared to the HD3/NH1 which it was made for.
I plan to solve this with a separate MAX1811 IC connected within the BCA-NWHD3 adapter directly to the cell which is available for the N10!

/Per

Screenshot_20210727-115911_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-120054_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20210730-085755_OneDrive.jpg