Jump to content
Sony Insider Forums

Sony MZ-G750 - Optical Cable Connection

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Hi have a fully-working Sony MZ-G750. The two inputs for recording are labelled MIC (plug in power) and Line In (optical).  They both look to me like a standard 3.5mm jack, but what 'digital' cable would be used to record into the Line In (optical) input?

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corbs said:

The two inputs for recording are labelled MIC (plug in power) and Line In (optical).  They both look to me like a standard 3.5mm jack, but what 'digital' cable would be used to record into the Line In (optical) input?

You can use either a 3,5 mm jack / TOSLINK optical cable, or a 3,5 mm jack to TOSLINK female plug and a regular TOSLINK/TOSLINK optical cable:

1.jpg.56ae2f9c24683f262ae81215d009f6d2.jpg  or   2.jpg.dabbf99efa069595bc3f2c09d8c4f72e.jpg   3.jpg.e059a23decdbd7715974008ea29c9b89.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NGY said:

You can use either a 3,5 mm jack / TOSLINK optical cable, or a 3,5 mm jack to TOSLINK female plug and a regular TOSLINK/TOSLINK optical cable:

1.jpg.56ae2f9c24683f262ae81215d009f6d2.jpg  or   2.jpg.dabbf99efa069595bc3f2c09d8c4f72e.jpg   3.jpg.e059a23decdbd7715974008ea29c9b89.jpg

Ah, OK, thank you!  I can't recall one of these coming with the device when i bought it new, even though the manual implies there would have been one.  So the TOSLINK end would go into the audio-out of another device - would that be a 'digital' feed then (sorry for my ignorance!)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Corbs said:

So the TOSLINK end would go into the audio-out of another device - would that be a 'digital' feed then ?

Correct. If the source device has a TOSLINK digital audio output, you can record that audio with your MZ-G750 digitally.

Beware though the SCMS rules/limitations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Richard changed the title to Sony MZ-G750 - Optical Cable Connection

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...