HXR_NX5R stream without capture card

Rate this question

jzeig1

Question

Hay Guys(and Gals).  I purchased the HXR-NX5R recently (i really wanted he 190, but with mixed ratings and it not being available at the time...).  I was hoping to get some OBS streaming going; unfortunately, when I inserted my HDMI cable into the rear port of the camera and attached to HDMI port on front of my Dell XPS 8940, the system doesn't recognize the device.  I thought that I could stream directly from my HDMI port to my PC.

Before I go and spend another $2-300 bucks on another component(ie. capture card) I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a work-around.  I was planning on purchasing a cCard with an BNC 75 ohm connection, but this system comes with an nVidia 2070(3070 would've been better, but...).  As a result, I'm still trying to figure out how to setup the card as a capture device. 

I'll research the video card spec's and see if there are some settings or hardware info that I'm not following correctly.  In the mean-while,  I'd appreciate the help

I think that's all...

TIA

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet