Sony MDS-E10 load/read problem

Rate this topic

bluecrab

Asking for a friend—an actual SWIM instance ;-) ...

Sony MDS-E10 loads MD with write-protect tab closed for track naming - after TOC reading it briefly flashes the track info (or blank disc) and immediately goes to "All Erase?" I've tried it over and over, always the same thing. When pressing eject, it might not respond, or will after 4-5 presses of eject. This happens with various MDs.

Any ideas?

Chiming.

Sounds like a control thing. With the machine off I would give the AMS knob a spin and give the buttons a bit of pressing. By default you probably get to that menu item with two presses of Yes or the AMS button so I’d work those a little to make sure they aren’t stuck.

Also crazy as it sounds make sure there is not a Sony remote close by. One of the weirdest problems I ever had was my two racked E12s kept going into play. Turned out the IR remote (which was above/behind the decks) had the play button pressed!

8 hours ago, bluecrab said:

Asking for a friend—an actual SWIM instance ;-) ...

Sony MDS-E10 loads MD with write-protect tab closed for track naming - after TOC reading it briefly flashes the track info (or blank disc) and immediately goes to "All Erase?" I've tried it over and over, always the same thing. When pressing eject, it might not respond, or will after 4-5 presses of eject. This happens with various MDs.

Any ideas?

Problem was solved:

A keyboard was plugged in and laid off to the side on edge. It was causing this trouble by having a key(s) depressed without being seen.