When will the next SonicStage be available?

Free4

I had a look on japanese Sony walkman site, and they talk about SOnicstage CP 4.1 with the new functions as importing tracks recorded by the new N700/600 series and transfering art covers... well... is this really a novelty? we already could do that with Hi-MD and Vaio Pocket right?

Other that that I'm not really confident in any step foward in the next SS CP... I kind of gave up on UNICODE... I just don't get it, why don't they put it? I can't transfer my tracks from CP to SS CP in japanese! lame. At this point it's the only thing I'd wish they implement to be happy with my walkmans.

I was just thinking this too. As cool as I think the new s-series is, I hope that SS CP 4.1 isn't just a hack to add features to that series and not address the myriad of bugs and basic usability issues in 4.0 .

I assume though that SS 5.0 or whatever it's replaced with aims to become a full fledged media player, since video will probably also be included now. -Nav