SonicStage 4.2 error 00004e2e

Rate this topic

sokre

POP-UP Says :

"SonicStage (00000908-6381)

The selected music file cannot be played back because the system information has been changed.

Click OK to automatically close SonicStage and open SonicStage System Information Restore Tool.

(Error Code: 00004e2e)"

Then I click OK....

SonicStage System Information Restore Tool

Step 1. Database authentication

blablabla....

NEXT

step 2. Run restore....

NEXT

OK

Everything works, but I when I shutdown, next time I get same thing....

POP-UP Says :

"SonicStage (00000908-6381)

The selected music file cannot be played back because the system information has been changed.

Click OK to automatically close SonicStage and open SonicStage System Information Restore Tool.

(Error Code: 00004e2e)"

From the above description, it appears that you have lost the rights to your ATRAC tunes. I assume the tunes in question are purchased from the Connect Music Store? In addition, did you perform a system restore recently? If you attempt to use the System restore function provided by Windows XP, the tracks managed by SonicStage may become corrupted and unusable.

In any event, you can attempt to resolve the problem by

1. restore (assuming you had utilized SonicStage Backup Tool) previously backup SonicStage data to your current system.

or

2. running the MDAC database repair utility, which can be acquired from our “Download” section of the forum.
Good luck.

From the above description, it appears that you have lost the rights to your ATRAC tunes. I assume the tunes in question are purchased from the Connect Music Store? In addition, did you perform a system restore recently? If you attempt to use the System restore function provided by Windows XP, the tracks managed by SonicStage may become corrupted and unusable.

In any event, you can attempt to resolve the problem by

1. restore (assuming you had utilized SonicStage Backup Tool) previously backup SonicStage data to your current system.

or

2. running the MDAC database repair utility, which can be acquired from our “Download” section of the forum.
Good luck.

I did not buy mp3 from Connect.

I had these on my PC already.

I just imported these from My Music folder...

This problem is most probably the result of automatic registry cleaning. SonicStage creates a "fake" CLSID in the registry to store your key. A registry cleaning program removes this CLSID, since it does not reference a real library.

I had this problem a few times after running TuneUp Utilities. The solution to this is to put the CLSID into the exclusion list, if the program has one. The way I did it:

1. Cleaned the registry completely with TuneUp.

2. Started SonicStage immediately after this, and let the Wizard do its job.

3. Started TuneUp Utilities again immediately after this, and analyzed the registry once again (without cleaning). Put all newly-found problems to the exclusion list.

No problems ever since.

If you reinstall SonicStage completely, it creates a different CLSID, and you will have to put it into the exclusion list again (you may remove the old CLSID from the list, since it is not used anymore).

Edited by Avrin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

had been facing this same error for the past one week. And it was real frustrating not to be able to upload onto the player. On recommendation of the Service Centre, I even formatted the player but all to no effect.

Finally today found the solution to this error. Found it on the American website for Sony products. And it works like a charm. Just finished uploading 2gb of stuff onto the player.

Check out : http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/model-faq.pl?mdl=NWA1000&LOC=3

Solution ID No.: C292918

Knowledge Article C292918

How to restore the backup information when unable to connect to the Internet to use the system information restore tool in the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system.

Follow this procedure to restore the backup information manually.

IMPORTANT: The operating system must be configured to show hidden files before beginning this procedure.

NOTE: This procedure is for restoring the backup information created by the System Information Restore Tool. A different procedure is used for backing up or restoring music files in the OpenMG™ Jukebox or SonicStage® software.

1. Close the OpenMG™ Jukebox or SonicStage® software if it is open.

2. Click the Start button and then click My Computer.

3. In the My Computer window, double-click Local Disk (C:).

4. In the Local Disk (C:) window, double-click the Program Files folder.

5. In the Program Files window, double-click the Common Files folder.

6. In the Common Files window, double-click the Sony Shared folder.

7. In the Sony Shared window, double-click the OpenMG folder.

8. In the OpenMG window, double-click the Restorable folder.

9. In the Restorable window, click to select the ICV.DAT file.

10. On the keyboard, press and hold the CTRL key.

NOTE: Holding down the CTRL key while a file is selected will allow for multiple files to be selected.

11. In the Restorable window, click to select the MACLIST.DAT file.

12. On the Edit menu, click Copy.

13. Under the menu bar, click the Back arrow.

14. In the OpenMG window, on the Edit menu, click Paste.

NOTE: If prompted to replace files, click the Yes button.

** Information regarding upgrading to the latest version of Sony's music management software is available at the Digital Music Player Support Web site at http://www.sony.com/walkmansupport. Please note system requirements prior to upgrading your current application.

Created: Mon Jun 16 11:27 2003 | Last Modified: Fri Oct 06 12:53 2006

Worked for me. Hope it works for you too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just wanted to know I am getting this same issue however on Vista Business.

I have tried a registry cleaner and then reinstalled Sonicstage v4.3. But in the 4.3 version when I install it I don't get a Restorable folder as it lists it on the Sony USA website.

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...