SonicStage and Sony Ericsson W850i?

Rate this topic

ajmooseman

Afternoon all , As i'm new here and seeking advice tis only manners to get the first round in, so what you all drinking :D

I'm a sonicstage user along with my viao pocketplayer you no the big one with the colourscreen!!! I also usea vaio laptop and have now just added to the family with a new Sony ericsson W850i.

My problem is now getting tracks onto the phone with as little hassle as poss, having said that i've now been trying to do it for 2 days, would have been quicker just to feed each cd in the phone software :sad:

The sonicstage software claims to support transfer to memeorystick, therefore this should be simple, remove the momerystick from my phone place in to my sonycardreader built into my sony laptop and transfer music.

SO why can't i see the memorystick in the drop down transfer list :blink::blink:

Any ideas

Yep - no go with SE phones and Sonicstage. You can, if you're looking for a minimal amount of hassle, just drag and drop into the 'MP3' folder (if it's not there, just create it).

You can, if you wish, download something called the iTunes Mass Storage Synchroniser and use it with iTunes.

-Nav

Couple of options:

1. Use Disc2Phone, easiest for those of us that are not computer savvy.

2. Use MediaMonkey. It has provisions for media management for Walkman phones. Run MediaMonkey, hook your phone to your PC and allow auto management.

3. Drag and Drop. On your memory stick pro duo card (or on the phone itself), there should be a folder called "MP3," Open it. There is a strict folder hierarchy that SE phones use for management, but it's quite easy once you get the hang of it.

X:\MP3\<artist>\<album>\track.mp3

Keep that hierarchy in mind and you'll save yourself a river of tears.

Note that while your phone supports MP3 and MP4s (standard AAC, ripped by Winamp or iTunes), it doesn't handle HE-AAC, WMAs, or ATRAC files.

Yup, you don't actually need any software to transfer music to Sony ericsson phones. Plug the phone to your PC, and it will be recognized as a USB mass storage device. Just drag-n-drop the MP3s to a folder like Damage said, and you're good to go. Far much simpler than Sony's own DAPs, ironically.

Thanks for the replys guys...

Wasn't aware you could drag and drop out of sonic stage :mellow:

I now have no problem dragging my MP3 format files accross but what about my *.omg files???

The phone manual says"Your phone supports the following file types: MP3 MP4 M4A AAC AAC+ Enhanced AAC AMR MIDI IMY EMY WAV and real8 the phone also supports streamed files that are 3GPP compatible"

>>gets ready to sound dumb<<< is the AAC+ not atrac <<< moves away and waits for the laughter>>>

Anyway my big problem seems to be these files with the *.omg extension if i could get them to a useable one every would be fine.

Thx again

Edited by ajmooseman

I can agree with the observation that it may not have been smart (from a public 'gotta have cool toys' perception) to have required SS as the transfer app.. and likewise i doubt the average 'cool toy' junkie would have wanted ATRAC as the (as is usually the case with Sony kit) native format supported.. let along supported at all.

Shame mind, i'm sure there are people who may have loved the idea of a W series phone and ATRAC support .. particularly if they were say ex-NetMD users who already had a ready ATRAC library.

Oh well, and thanks for pointing out the non-ATRAC support, that writes of the W series if i do look for a new phone.

*considers the wisdom of sending a virtual demonic hellcat hit squad to Sony HQ to show one virtual cat spirit's opinion of their inspired decision to not support ATRAC in W series phones* ;)

Be Cool

'Tom Kat'

Lack of ATRAC support (and proper viewing of albums, esp. by various artists) are my biggest gripes with the w-series phones. I have the w810i and enjoy it a bit, but I have almost all my music in ATRAC format for use with my MD devices and E507. If they added ATRAC support in the next line of phones, it would be nearly perfect for me.

And I think they could handle the transfer issues just like they do with the PSP. It is an ATRAC compatible device (even supports tracks purchased from Connect.) You can drag and drop mp3, aac and wma, but must use SonicStage to transfer ATRAC files. A great combination of features and flexibility, if you ask me. Maybe something they could consider across their line of w-series walkman cell phones and upcoming DAP's.