2007 PCDP?

Rate this question

rockphantom

Question

7 answers to this question

With the shrinking marketshare of PCDPs, I don't think Sony will release anymore PCDPs. Maybe only some plastic low-enders, but Sony didn't even release any NE930/NE30 other than the NE830 in Japan.

It would be sad if Sony didnt release a high end PCDP. There is still arguably a market for them, particularly for audiophiles who want to be able to listen to CDs as they were intended. I have a D-NE711, but would really have liked a D-NE20 for size and functions. I was silly not to have bought it back in 2005. The 711 is a bit clunky and big. However, I agree that they will probably just stick with the low end ones. Look what happened to the tape Walkman. The one you can buy now is a basic one with auto stop and no remote control. PCDPs are probably likely to go the same way. Its a shame. I would have liked a small thin one. The top end D-NE730 thats currently available in the UK is sleek and looks good, but it just isnt quite thin enough to fit into a suit pocket. ;-(

Give up hope, at least for high end. Frankly, I think some redesign aside (more clearance room on the top for the CDs) or what not, the CD Walkman (Technically) still exists in the cheap PSYC models and what not, but I think we've seen the end of ATRAC CD players. They've also been partly supplanted by the DVD Walkman as well (to a point)...