MDR-EX71SL vs. MDR-EX71SLA IEM's

Rate this topic

BIGHMW

I am thinking of getting a backup pair of the EX71SL's but also saw a similar version named the EX71SLA, which comes with a different case.

Before I get a second pair of EX71SL's, primarily as a backup set for my inline skate gear in case the inevitable cord rot happens, what are the differences, if any, between the older ones and the newer EX71SLA's?

Edited by BIGHMW

the regular 71s here have a new cord, new material, and the stuff is much harder and better quality than the older one, so I don't think it will "rot" as you say.

So get the 71SLA's, as they have a newer, more durable cord, right?

Is the cord the same density or material as the newer NC22's have?

So get the 71SLA's, as they have a newer, more durable cord, right?

Is the cord the same density or material as the newer NC22's have?

no, just get the regular EX71s that are avaiable in the store, although the ones I bought have this on the back of hte box

MDREX71SLBC1 (CA)

but the front says MDR-EX71SL and the cable quality tons better than the older EX71s I have (non working at this point) so I think sony addressed the issue of cords breaking, tearing, or wearing away due to normal use since so many people were bringing them back so often.