Vaio Pocket fans unite! (VGF-AP1L owners)

Rate this question

theblueraja

Question

Hello folks. I'm relatively new here at the ATRACLife forum (soon to be AACLife?)... anyway, I left minidisc behind for ATRAC-based Sonys, and am just so thrilled with the Vaio Pocket. I'm curious how many hear own this unit. Feel free to just shout in "I have one" or even better share your love for it ;)

I think we could get an interesting discussion on this unit.

img1.jpg

13 answers to this question

I have one! :) and here's an old thread: regarding user's experience with the VAIO Pocket --> http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?...topic=64&hl

That thread was nice to read - thanks Ishiyoshi :)

I suppose my new thread is still relevant because I'm curious who is STILL using the Vaio, since the DAP market changes drastically each year. The concept of having album art, for example, is a standard now, etc. Anyway... I do love my Vaio(s)!!

TBR,

Reaching out to the VP brotherhood, nice! As I said in the MD forums, been using mine for 2 years and have upgraded to SS 4.3 no problems whatsoever. Yesterday, I dropped it (VP and dock) about 3 feet!!!. I had it in our MPV. I did not secure it in my pocket and my youngest son kicked it out my pocket.

Lesson learned. Bring VP in house first then son or is it vice versa!!!!

I'm still using my Vaio pocket.

I bought it because I wasn't happy with the sound of the iPod (3rd Generation) and I love this thing.

Only downsides:

- The Software! Vaio Music Transfer stopped working suddenly, Sonicstage is a piece of crap! Any Alternatives?

- Battery drain even if the unit is switched off

- max. Volume not very high.

Perhaps if SSDs are getting available and cheaper I'm going to upgrade my Vaio pocket with an SSD at 32GB or 40 (if available). Than we got one of the best flash based players on the planet :)

I'm still using my Vaio pocket.

I bought it because I wasn't happy with the sound of the iPod (3rd Generation) and I love this thing.

Only downsides:

- The Software! Vaio Music Transfer stopped working suddenly, Sonicstage is a piece of crap! Any Alternatives?

- Battery drain even if the unit is switched off

- max. Volume not very high.

Perhaps if SSDs are getting available and cheaper I'm going to upgrade my Vaio pocket with an SSD at 32GB or 40 (if available). Than we got one of the best flash based players on the planet :)

I actually like Sonic Stage.

And are you basing the volume output on a stereo connection or using headphones?... I know that my canalphones require much less juice than some cans would... so the volume level for me is no problem.

Until Sony comes out with a 40 or more gig ATRAC player w/ color album art LCD, I'm sticking with this baby.

I have one! Just purchased a Japanese version on ebay, and love it so far!

I wonder if someone can help me with converting the language to English. I tried updating the firmware with the English download, but player doesn't seem to recognize the available firmware. I tried following the directions that Ishi offered on one of his posts here at Atrac-life. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, from the rainy SF Bay Area.

Just in case you missed some steps.

Japanese firmware > English firmware (same version or higher verion)

1. Copy English firmware to VGF-AP1(L)'s root directory.

2. Properly disconnect the fully charged VGF-AP1(L).

3. While ready, go to メインメニュー (Main Menu) ---> 設定 (Settings) ---> ファームウェアアップデート (Firmware Update) ---> アップデート (Update) and OK.