Just a tip

Rate this topic

Trondis

Hi!

If you go to ebay (www.ebay.com) and search for "etymotic tips sony", you will get several offerings for Etymotic earphones tips adapted for Sony earphones. I was tempted by this offering and bought a pair. It is the Etymotic triple flange tips that are used. Maybe it's luxury, since the earphones already were quite good. I have Sony MDR-NC22. But I am very pleased with these new tips. It makes the phones fit better in the ears. They don't fall out as easily, or as I have experienced, leave the tip in the ear when I pull out the phones. And it seams like the sound is better also. I think it is because the phones are more stable inside the ear and better directed at the eardrum. And they give better isolation against external sounds also.

Another option I have seen recommended is to use the foam tips for Shure E2. They supposedly fit also (other Shure tips doesn't). I haven't been able to try these, but this kind of tips supposedly isolate even better that the Etymotic triple flange tips.