OpenMg Secure Module msi

Rate this topic

Walkieman

Hi Ya All !

I Need Some Help, I'm Pulling My Hair Out With SonicstgeCP 4.3,

Everything Was Fine Until Sunday Where Upon Opening SSCP It Froze And The Only Way To Close it Was Via Alt-Ctrl-Del,

I Tried Logging Off, Restarting The Computer, Even Uninstalling & Reinstalling I Couldn't Solve The Problem, As A Last Resort I Did A Sys Restore To The Previous Day When I Knew It Last Worked, But No It Didn't.

To Cut A Very Long Story Short !.

I Now Cannot Open Sonicstage

When I Try A Box Comes Up Saying "Please Wait While Windows Configures OpenMg Secure Module"

A Few Seconds latter Another Box appears Saying "The Feature You Are Trying To Use Is On A Network Resource That Is Unavailable Click To try Again Or Enter An Alternative Path To A Folder Containg The Installation Package 'OpenMG Secure Module msi'"

The Folder Shown On The Path Is Empty, I Have Used Windows Search And Tried Several Different OpenMG Secure Module Folders And Even A Copy Of Sonicstace On A Cd Rom But I'm Not Gettin Anywhere.

You're not alone. I encountered this problem yesterday too. It can't be fixed by re-installing, even after uninstalling SS4.3 and OMG+Patch. The only way to fix is manually unzipped the OpenMg Secure Module.msi and give the path to that Installer. The zipped OpenMg Secure Module.msi can be found inside yours Temporay Internet Files after re-installation of SS4.3. One more strange I found before this problem is the ripping times were not accumulated even you ripped the CD many times.

Hi Ya

No It Hasn't Worked !

I Had Already Cleaned The Temorary Internet Files So Didn't Have The OMG Installer,

So What I Did Was Create A Restore Point, Then Unistaled Sonicsatge As Per The FAQ's On This Site And Rebooted The Computer Then reinsatlled Sonicstage,

After Rebooting Again I Tried Starting Sonicstage Hoping On The Off Chance It had Corrected Itself It Hadn't,

So I Copied The Zipped Installer In The Temporary Internet Folder On To A Memory Stick And Unrestored My Last Restoration I Tried Opening Sonicstage And Waited For The The Box To Appear.

A Box appeared !!.

But Not The Box Saying "The Feature You Are Trying To Use Is On A Network Resource That Is Unavailable Click To try Again Or Enter An Alternative Path To A Folder Containg The Installation Package 'OpenMG Secure Module msi'.

The New Box Says "Cannot Locate Needes Files Related To Windows Media Format Exitig SonicStage (Error Code 0004e22)

And Gives Me No Other Options.

I've tried searching The Net & This Site For This Error Code But I'm Comin Up Blank

Any Ideas Anyone ??

A Grenade Launcher Sounds Good Apart Form The Noise And The Mess !

I would suggest that, after your computer is fixed, you better install SonicStage 4.2. The only reason to install SonicStage 4.3 is if you are running Windows Vista. If, on the other hand, you have Windows XP or 2000, then install SonicStage 4.2 - it is a much more streamlined and reliable version.

The complete list of web installers for SS42 is here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=117507

A list of full installers for European versions of SS42 (and SS43) is here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?s=&am...st&p=117697

Edited by Avrin

More ...on SonicStage 4.3.01.14050a Full Installer (Not Web Installer)

SonicStage Full Installer 4.3.01.14050a for:

Asia Pacific English (size 88M)-- http://download.css.ap.sony.com/vaio/downl...01198307-UN.exe

Traditional Chinese (size 88M) -- http://download.twsupport.css.ap.sony.com/...01199106-UN.exe

Simplified Chinese (size 88M) -- http://202.109.110.196/VAIOPatch/SOASST-01199006-UN.exe

You may have one of the following two situations:

1. The operating system is cleanly reinstalled during the repair. In this case simply install SS42.

2. The computer is fixed, but the old operating system remains installed. In this case you'll have to remove the previously installed SS43. Look up in these forums and minidisc.org forums - there are instructions on removing SS, albeit somewhat outdated. In any case, you'll have to get rid of SS43 and any traces of it completely, before trying to install SS42. Pay special attention to removing the OpenMG Limited patch, since the SS42 installer does not remove it - this is a problem when upgrading from SS40, or downgrading from SS43.

Hi Avrin,

I Was Contacted By PC World Today Regarding My Computer And They Are Gonig To Have To Do A Destructive Recovery,

Meaning They Are Going To Have To Wipe The Hard Drive And Start Again So I Should Be OK.

I Will Double Check With Them When I Finaly Pick It Up.

I Appreciate All The Help And Will Keep People Posted

Cheers

Gary

• 3 months later...

Update

I Finally Got the Computer back A While Ago And Installed Sonicstage 4.2,

Everything Went Smoothly for A While then One Day For Some Reason It Just Stoped Accepting Cd's.

Everything Works Fine Except When You Put In A Cd Sonicstage Just Crashes,

The Only Way To Exit is Alt-Ctrl-Del.

But I've Solved the Problem I Uninstalled It And Installed A Copy Of Sonicstage 3.4 Borrowed Form A Mate,

Which Works Great

Thanks To Everyones Help I Got There in The end

Gary

:o Everythings Gone Pear shaped Again !

Sonicstage 3.4 Is Now Doing What 4.2 Did !

It Will Work All Day Long !, But As Soon As You Insert A Cd Sonicstage Just Locks Up, The Only Ways Of Exiting Are.

1/ Alt-Ctrl-Del, When The Task Manager Appears Sonicstages Status Is Not Responding Then You have To Click "End Now"

2/ Left Clicking On The Taskbar Nothing Happens, When You Right Click And Select Close, The Message Sonicstage Is Not Responding Appears Then You Have To Click "End Now"

However I Have Discovered Upon Ejecting A Cd It Unfreezes, But Insert A Cd Again It Locks

I've Even Tried Installing Connect Player Which Will Allow Me To Import Cd's To A Certain Extent

Version 1.0 Won't Recognise Multimedia CD's

When I Originaly Used Connect Player i Upgraded To V1.1 Which Solved This Problem

But Trying To Upgrade Now It's A Newer Version So I Have Drawn a Dead End There.

The Only Other Option Is To Rip All My Cd's Into Mp3, Import Them Into Sonicstage And convert The Format, A very Long Winded Way Of Doing It.

Has Anyone Heard Of This Problem Before Or can Shed Any Light On This Very Annoying Problem ?.

Any Help Will Be Gratfully Appreciated !!!.