Help - SonicsStage Playlist Truncating.

Rate this topic

jonno

Need some assistance with a SonicStage issue...

I've created some playlists in SonicStage each well in excess of 1000 tracks. When I transfer them to my player the playlists are truncating. One has stopped at 988 tracks and the other at 994.

To test for file transfer problems I created another playlist with the remaining tracks and they all transfer OK.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can resolve the problem?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Player: NW-A3000

SonicStage Version: 4.3.01.14050

Need some assistance with a SonicStage issue...

I've created some playlists in SonicStage each well in excess of 1000 tracks. When I transfer them to my player the playlists are truncating. One has stopped at 988 tracks and the other at 994.

To test for file transfer problems I created another playlist with the remaining tracks and they all transfer OK.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can resolve the problem?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Player: NW-A3000

SonicStage Version: 4.3.01.14050

Is this a joke. Why do you need playlists so large?

My question is why do you need a play list that is 1000 tracks. I understand your frustration. The NW-A3000 does not support this feature.

In the manual for the NW-A3000(GB) on page 81 in the Trouble Shooting section, this issue is addressed. Under Audio Data cannot be transferred to the player from your computer, it states that ...are trying to transfer a playlist that contains over 999 tracks.

The problem is a limitation on the number of audio files that can be transfered to the player. SonicStage however does allow playlists to contain 8192 tracks.

The solution is to reduce the size of the playlist so that they are less than 100 tracks.

A technical note on 8192, I understand why SonicStage uses this limit.

Thanks for all your responses. For everyone who's questioning my sanity...

The limits within the Sony player restrict playing tracks to a single genre, year or rating etc. and the 'Bookmark' facility is limited to 100 tracks.

Dynamic Playlists in SonicStage can combine tracks into single user specified groups, such as a specific decade as maxthrusters did. A great facility.

FYI, transferring playlists doesn't transfer the actual music files, just playlist information so it's not taking up any precious space.

Cheers.