Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vaiofreak

SonicStage 4.4 CP is out in Japan

Rate this question

Question

24 answers to this question

I did a google translation and had a quick read.

Looks like AAC support? probably for the lastest PMP's if they want to (or have to) use SS

SonicStage supported AAC for some time now, if I remember correctly since SS 4.0 if not earlier.

Just checked the Japanese distribution package. It does not contain any OpenMG Limited patches, same as version 4.2. Looks like this version may also be stable. And it contains a tool called SSUninstallTool, which, as far as I understand, is supposed to automatically remove any traces of previous versions. Nice!

Also, this distribution package does not contain any drivers, since it is a VAIO version.

Edited by Avrin

Guest Stuge

Google translation many time yields funny translation .If somebody is from Japan like Ishiyoshi or somebody who knows Japanese can tell ,what is this update all about .

One improvement I noticed in SonicStage 4.4 is... when I drag album art to the folder (so that the album art will be applied all the songs within the folder) takes less time compared to SS 4.3. In fact, much much faster.

Edit:

hmm, maybe it's faster for WAV only. It takes same time for other formats (or bit less)... Sorry

Edited by Zizone

Okay, I am tired of the Sonic Stage / non-Japanese windows nonsense. My japanese is pretty limited, but I was able to work a windows machine in Tokyo just fine...a bit fidly, but not a problem.

My question is if I install a full japanese version of Windows XP, will I be able to avoid all of this nonsense in the future? Thanks.

Joe

It seems the Japanese V4.4 is v4.3 plus HE-AAC (mainly used on Mobile Phone) direct transfer, and playlist security fix. There is a comparation table (in Japanese) of SS features http://www.sonymatome.com/sonicstage/index...%BC%83%E8%A1%A8

Since many ripped Japanese songs can't be bought thru the Internet (export limitation), my favorite SS is still in English.

Edited by Heman

dos this have anything to do with this?

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer/PCOM/...ge_Premium/#TOP

i have already asked around the forum but noboby answer, this link leads to a page, in japanese, to a SonicStage Premium, there you can see images too, and as far as i know this SS Premium is only for vaio, looks realy cool

anybody knows about it?

I have no experience on SonicStage Premium - it seems an integrated SS for Music Server

so i asked to one of the admin and he said that this is only for vaio pc s in japan, and it s obsolet by now!

let s keep waitng for the SonicStage 4.4!

One improvement I noticed in SonicStage 4.4 is... when I drag album art to the folder (so that the album art will be applied all the songs within the folder) takes less time compared to SS 4.3. In fact, much much faster.

Edit:

hmm, maybe it's faster for WAV only. It takes same time for other formats (or bit less)... Sorry

i see you have already tried it, any changes in the interface?

or it´s just SS 4.3 with minor upgrades?

Turns out there is also a direct link to a web-installer for this version. Here: http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_dat...geInstaller.exe

It installs the program, and some updated drivers, which look to me like the ones re-designed for the Japanese 16 Gbyte ATRAC flash player series.

You may separately download the drivers here: http://dl1.aii.co.jp/contents/connect/_dat...r/pa_driver.zip

There is no version for any other languages except Japanese. Believe me, I've checked all SONY servers I know about.

Edited by Avrin

I'm checking regularly, but it seems that there won't be a version of SS44 other than Japanese. Same as the new ATRAC players.

The only new things in SS44 are HE-AAC support and new drivers for the new Japanese-only player series. If you are not interested in the HE-AAC format, and your devices are working perfectly, then you don't need to upgrade.

I must say that for Windows XP users the best and so far the most stable version is 4.2. SS 4.3 has updates for Vista and sometimes it can crush on XP. And 4.4 has only update for mobile phone users so i will stay with 4.2.

Edited by Enrot