Firmware Update for Nwz A815,816,818 ?

Rate this question

Noby

Question

21 answers to this question

Looks like this is only listed under the NWZ-816 players. I wonder if this will still work for the 818, but since its not listed under it, I'll wait a bit longer for someone braver. Though kinda weird that under the requriements it says the NWZ-816 player should be at ver 2.00 and used with the Best Buy® Digital Music Service.

This is quite interesting! I'm sure that must mean there has to be an update for the NWZ-a818 pretty soon! :) Although it's very peculiar that Sony only issued this update for ONLY the A816, atleast for now.

Hmm from what i just looked at, it seems that it main functionality is for music compatibility services. :unsure:

Edited by cliffster115

I can confirm that this update program wont work with any other player. Tells me to plug in the player, when mine is. This is expected.

Also sent sony an email, just got the run around, so no word yet about the other players. I wonder why just the a816, whats special about that player?

And the reason being.......??????

Two totally different players apart from looks and using two totally different firmwares. If it were so simple they wouldn't have different model numbers. Also that would be too much to expect from Sony.

OK thanks for the quick reply guys, oh well once I've managed to get the tracks onto the player I find the sound quality, ease of navigation and battery life are fab, just a shame about having to always use SonicStage.

Only realised that the two players were different once I had bought it, still it was cheap at £45 inc del from Argos refurbished stock on ebay, you get what you pay for.

OK thanks for the quick reply guys, oh well once I've managed to get the tracks onto the player I find the sound quality, ease of navigation and battery life are fab, just a shame about having to always use SonicStage.

Only realised that the two players were different once I had bought it, still it was cheap at £45 inc del from Argos refurbished stock on ebay, you get what you pay for.

At £45 you have got yourself a great deal for a 4gig player. Sonicstage isn't as bad as it used to be and the A806 has more features than it's drag and drop cousin. Enjoy! :)

C'est plus que dommage, c'est une honte!!! En plus un projet de loi est à l'étude et devrait bientôt passer, il limitera à 90db au lieu de 100 actuellement le volume sonore...

This is an English speaking forum. Please use English in all posts. All posts must be readable by all members and visitors :)

If people want to post in their own language it's fine with me, although if I don't understand what's written I would simply move on to next post.

I have an A816, but I didn't apply the firmware update as (from what I recall) it's for American residents only who want to use the Rhapsody service offerred through BestBuy USA. The clock icon gets replaced with a Rhapsody icon with it's functions.

SonicStage CP 4.3 works perfectly now (for me anyway), although if used with music you didn't rip yourself from CD there can be problems.

EU users can turn off the volume limiter imposed by French legislation by using service mode, search forums for how. Do not pay for the information (it's offerred for sale on eBay etc, appalling!), just search and get for free.

Good luck, bonne chance

maxthrusters : as it has been said on this forum the EU sound limit cannot be deactivated on NWZ-81x using service mode (I tried). This time Sony used a hardware limitation :(

The trick works with previous models, I even used it on my MD/HiMD units but NWZ-81x is nom immune.

The only way to get a higher sound level is to use an efficient headset.