I HAVE to say this!

Rate this question

aob9

Question

Will somebody PLEASE remove the front page from this website as it no longer is a source of any information. Any one who visits Atraclife does so for the purpose of accessing the forums IMO. It's just becoming a little boring...that's all!!!!!!!!

22 answers to this question

Will somebody PLEASE remove the front page from this website as it no longer is a source of any information. Any one who visits Atraclife does so for the purpose of accessing the forums IMO. It's just becoming a little boring...that's all!!!!!!!!

Did the front page used to be for announcing new players, firmware upgrades etc? I ask because I don't know.

But surely the release of the new model should have been on the front page shouldn't it??

Did the front page used to be for announcing new players, firmware upgrades etc? I ask because I don't know.

But surely the release of the new model should have been on the front page shouldn't it??

Exactly!!! Whats going on with this site? Will some body tell us please :sad:

Yes this is quite disappointing. I remember the days when we had many exclusive insider leaks and etc

Now it seems the Admins are missing. =/

It has been a reallllllly long time since I last saw Ishinoshi and Kurisu online. They are really nice people, and I hope everything is going well for them, and they will return at some point.

The updates used to be posted right after sony's announcements! I think we still had the A800 series leak photo before.

I know how you feel guys, I get all my sony news from engadget now and other sites, or someone posting the information on the forums.

I talked to chris last year, september or october and I know he was going back to school and working full time, so he has been and is quite busy and he is never on msn anymore. Ishi I know still visits, but he is also busy I presume. I am only a moderator here and usually just tend to clean up threads, move stuff around and delete spam.

I only visit the forums now, and don't have the main site bookmarked anymore, as long as the forum is here, we have a place to discuss sony products and the like. If it ever goes down or chris decides not to continue it anymore, I've made base camp at anythingbutipod, and their sony section on the forum, which needs hardcore sony fans to help the lost new sony fans. :P

I know how you feel guys, I get all my sony news from engadget now and other sites, or someone posting the information on the forums.

I talked to chris last year, september or october and I know he was going back to school and working full time, so he has been and is quite busy and he is never on msn anymore. Ishi I know still visits, but he is also busy I presume. I am only a moderator here and usually just tend to clean up threads, move stuff around and delete spam.

I only visit the forums now, and don't have the main site bookmarked anymore, as long as the forum is here, we have a place to discuss sony products and the like. If it ever goes down or chris decides not to continue it anymore, I've made base camp at anythingbutipod, and their sony section on the forum, which needs hardcore sony fans to help the lost new sony fans. :P

Thanks Ascariss, I'll be joining anythingbutipod then :)

I think it is no mere coincidence that the updates stopped at exactly the same time when Sony officially announced it was stopping support for the Connect Store and phasing out ATRAC completely outside of Japan. The owners of this site probably do not want to continue to contribute to a format which is effectively dead. Perhaps they are contemplating changing the name of this site to a more appropriate one, given Sony's new strategy.

I think it is no mere coincidence that the updates stopped at exactly the same time when Sony officially announced it was stopping support for the Connect Store and phasing out ATRAC completely outside of Japan. The owners of this site probably do not want to continue to contribute to a format which is effectively dead. Perhaps they are contemplating changing the name of this site to a more appropriate one, given Sony's new strategy.

Sonyinsider I think Kurisu said :unsure:

The lack of information since early September is rather unsettling. I can understand the administrators moving on, but it would be nice if they would let us know what is going on and passing the reins to someone else versus letting this site go on life support. I only visit the forums now and also get my Sony news from engadget and anythingbutipod....and occasionally from the forums themselves.

I actually sat down and counted the number of players that I have and it turns out that I currently have (just sold some) HD5, A1000, A3000, and the A818. In addition I have the following minidisc units...N910, NH1, NH3D, and EH70. I hardly use this equipment anymore except for the A818. I think it is time to sell off all of the equipment, get a new Sony A829 later on, and just "get over" the whole Sony ATRAC thing...sigh. I can use my old iPod Photo 60Gb until the A829 is released. It was a great ride, but I think the King has left the building.

Edited by lamewing

What if they advertised this site in all of the new walkman player boxes? Then we'd get more users, and it would be worth Sony to sponsor it more heavily and provide more content for enthusiasts...

SONY, like most other companies would never promote a site they cannot control. Remember, this forum is used for criricising Sony as much as it is for commending them. When Sony first relaeased DAP's (Memory Stick Walkmans in particular) earlier in the decade they started up a 'sanctioned' forum to discuss their products. The language was so overwhemingly 'anti-Sony' and 'anti-antrac' that they pulled the site, never to be repeated again I would say.

bump.

PLEASE drop the front page, update the thing, or let someone else update it. This site has gone from being a premier Sony site, to...a zombie site that needs to be put out of its misery. Keep the forums, that is fine, but what is the point of the front page other than to make folks think that Sony and its supporters have abandoned them???

Joe

Nice one,

I doubt it will help though. I understand the authors are otherwise busy with their lives. It would be nice if they handed the passwords and access codes to somebody willng and able to clean it up. All we want is to remove the news section really as it makes the site look abandoned..........right?