"AS NEW" NW-A808 8GB black and "AS NEW" NW-HD3 20GB black

Rate this topic

lowball

I am offering for sale an "AS NEW" NW-A808 8GB black and "AS NEW" NW-HD3 20GB black ATRAC/MP3 players. The reason I use the description "AS NEW" instead of "mint" or "excellent" is that these two Walkmans are far superlative to their meager descriptions. If you put either of the two players next to a brand new, straight from the factory floor units, I'll bet top dollar that you couldn't tell the difference.

The NW-A808 was imported from Japan and is, I believe, the final ATRAC-capable Walkman Sony will produce, at least for the US market. The player is for all intents and purposes in new condition. As soon as I unboxed it I placed in inside the plastic hardshell case (model #CKH-NWA800 which is included with your purchase of the player) and it has seen literally an hour of use. I downloaded an album in ATRAC Lossless and listened to it - amazing sound quality, by the way. In the couple of weeks that I've owned the player it remains untouched. I really don't know why I bought this Walkman, I suppose on an impulse, but I think I bit off more than I can chew so it's for sale. As the last ATRAC Walkman I suppose it has its own sense of higher value. The current price for a new one is US$275 shipped from Japan, but my price is much more competitive considering that my Walkman is technically not new. The Walkman and hardshell case are packaged in its original boxes.

The other player I have for sale is a NW-HD3 in black, packaged as new in the original blister pack with all included accessories. Although I have owned this Walkman for two years it is in perfect condition. It has never left my smoke-free temperature and humidity controlled media room stored in its own velour-lined drawer. There are no marks on the case, the glass LCD display is like a mirror, there isn't a speck of dust in between the serrated ridges that constitutes the Sony metal logo, ... you get the point. The only time it ever sees any action is when I cycle the embedded lithium battery every couple of months to prevent a total discharge, attempting to store at 40% capacity. So, for a battery rated 500 charge cycles, this player has another 490 or so charges remaining in its life expectancy. Seriously "AS NEW" condition. If it matters to traditionalists, this Walkman is the final Walkman model Sony manufactured in Japan. This Walkman also includes a brand-new, in the box Sony HD-CASE1, the optional belt-clip case specifically designed for the player.

My daily player is my trusty NW-HD1 and will continue to be. Thanks for your interest; PM me for more info.

Lamewing, I regret your emotions were inflamed by not immediately responding to your PM, but since I was away for the weekend, I was unable to satisfy your call for an instant response. My sincerest regrets; no internet thugging necessary here.

BTW, the hard drive Walkman for sale is a NW-HD3, not a NW-HD5.

My asking price for the NW-A808 is US$230.00 (case included) and the NW-HD3 is US$220.00 (case included). Shipping in the continental US should be fairly low and at face value (insurance optional). No handling fee. International shipping should be higher, but also at face value.

Oh, and I forget to mention in my original post that the NW-A808 came preloaded with firmware version 1.03 (no need to mess around with the V1.01 to V1.02 upgrade).

Thanks for your interest!

Lamewing, I regret your emotions were inflamed by not immediately responding to your PM, but since I was away for the weekend, I was unable to satisfy your call for an instant response. My sincerest regrets; no internet thugging necessary here.

BTW, the hard drive Walkman for sale is a NW-HD3, not a NW-HD5.

My asking price for the NW-A808 is US$230.00 (case included) and the NW-HD3 is US$220.00 (case included). Shipping in the continental US should be fairly low and at face value (insurance optional). No handling fee. International shipping should be higher, but also at face value.

Oh, and I forget to mention in my original post that the NW-A808 came preloaded with firmware version 1.03 (no need to mess around with the V1.01 to V1.02 upgrade).

Thanks for your interest!

1. inflamed?

2. internet thugging?

I will pass on your sales considering your prices are too expensive for my tastes and I really don't care to deal with people who feel it necessary to rely on sarcasm; sarcasm that (at best) should have been kept to a PM.

Edited by lamewing

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - the market price for a A808 has just increased from the resellers in Japan and Europe, and I'm offering both my units in the pathetically weak US dollar. Great opportunity for those Walkman collectors using real currency!

• 2 weeks later...

if you have used them, then they are used, and not as new,

Technically, any consumer product not sold through the manufacturer's proxy is not new, even if it is unopened.

That said, carefully read my original post and you'll get a better understanding of the term "as new" - my two Walkmans have not been used in the traditional sense, only for battery maintenance which I take quite seriously. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

lowball, as the Sony's only 2 weeks old, do you have the original receipt for warranty purposes?

Short answer - no.

Long answer - assuming you're referring to the A808, I purchased it from Japan via the internet and paid for it via PayPal. I do not have a register receipt, but I do have the electronic PayPal receipt. I also have the original international post packaging and everything else that came with the player. Thanks for your interest!

Short answer - no.

Long answer - assuming you're referring to the A808, I purchased it from Japan via the internet and paid for it via PayPal. I do not have a register receipt, but I do have the electronic PayPal receipt. I also have the original international post packaging and everything else that came with the player. Thanks for your interest!

That's your bill of purchase. Send it back if you don't want it.

Edited by markey