Bang and Olufsen A8 Headphones

Rate this topic

aob9

Hi all,

Does anbody have any opinion or experience of these 'High End' headphones. I saw them in the flesh at my local B+O centre yesterday. I didn't have my A805 with me to try them out.

€150.....they must be good, either that or they are just ridiculously priced.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=46&bhcp=1

BTW their latest MP3 player, BEOSOUND 6, is only €575.....a steal.

I haven't used this earphone soI don't really know how it feels or sounds but from reading the spec, I don't like the frequency range... It seems like you will be missing some bass with it and some high too. But who know how mid range will be like. Until I hear from those who have actually used one, and them being reliable people, I wouldn't commit to it since it seems like a pricey device.

Side note, this really looks like a earphone released earlier from AudioTechnica :blink: But, it lookds nice.

Edited by Zizone

I haven't used this earphone soI don't really know how it feels or sounds but from reading the spec, I don't like the frequency range... It seems like you will be missing some bass with it and some high too. But who know how mid range will be like. Until I hear from those who have actually used one, and them being reliable people, I wouldn't commit to it since it seems like a pricey device.

Side note, this really looks like a earphone released earlier from AudioTechnica :blink: But, it lookds nice.

Interesting you should mention 'missing some Bass'. I was able to locate a few reviews on the 'net and one of the most common complaints was exactly that. That's NOT good for me as I love heavy bass. That's one of the reasons I like Sony devices; right.

I imagine these 'phones may be designed with Classical ( not rock and Metal ) music in mind.

Interesting you should mention 'missing some Bass'. I was able to locate a few reviews on the 'net and one of the most common complaints was exactly that. That's NOT good for me as I love heavy bass. That's one of the reasons I like Sony devices; right.

I imagine these 'phones may be designed with Classical ( not rock and Metal ) music in mind.

Your probably paying a premium for the name too.