NWZ-A829

Rate this question

dinbouk

Question

Hello everybody,

i would like to buy the nwz-a829 but in my country, the volume is limited.i was told that on mp3-player.de, you can find it without volume limitation.did someone buy this model and is that true? do you know a website where i can buy one without limitation?

if i buy it on mp3-player.de, will i be able to change the language of the player? , in fact, it's german website.

Thanks for your help

12 answers to this question

from where please?

Are you happy buying from eBay? I bought my second Zune from there, of course there's no warranty since it's not officially for sale outside the US yet. But eBay is a good way to buy stuff that's not available in your country.

If you don't mind an 829 that's 2 months old, and quite literally like new, not a single mark on it, I'm putting mine in the FS forum over the weekend. I got it from Amazon.co.uk and there's no volume limiter on it!

Are you happy buying from eBay? I bought my second Zune from there, of course there's no warranty since it's not officially for sale outside the US yet. But eBay is a good way to buy stuff that's not available in your country.

If you don't mind an 829 that's 2 months old, and quite literally like new, not a single mark on it, I'm putting mine in the FS forum over the weekend. I got it from Amazon.co.uk and there's no volume limiter on it!

Juli

What!!! Your selling your baby. Why??

Juli

What!!! Your selling your baby. Why??

LOL!! Actually, I ordered the A726 4gb from Amazon.com and got my friend to ship it to the UK, but I thought I'd ordered the A728 (8gb). I paid $27 postage International Priority (they should re-word that lie, PRIORITY!!), and it's not worth sending back and getting another due to postage costs. I was going to keep the 8gb (which is big enough to fit my favourites on), and sell the 829 as I don't need the silly B/T!

Anyway, I'm going to sell the 726 on eBay, (the version without B/T), and keep the 829. Stupidly, I got the guy to take it out of the original packaging to cut down on shopping costs, worked like a charm... not! I do still love my baby, I was just going to swap it for a new smaller baby :)

So the BT function:No more than a gimmick???

I've never used it. I'm sure one day in the distant future, it might come in handy, but I don't know what for!

If we'd had the non B/T version available here, I'd have got it. I don't like paying extra for something I won't use. At the moment, all it does is get in the way of the volume slider :lol:

if BT phones gets cheaper and their quality is improved then if feel BT is a nice addition .

Stuge, that's a good point. I tend to think it I don't use/need it right now, then I'll never need it. Yeah, if the price of B/T phones comes down, and the quality is improved, then I'm future-proofed :)

Even then, you loose the cable, but you have to carry an extra battery, watch its level and recharge it separately. And you'll usually still have a cable joining the two earpieces and the battery.

Too me that seems a rather high price too pay to lose the cable, even if sound quality remains acceptable ;

I love using IEMs and just put the piece where the cables splits in the back of my shirt, the cable from the Y split down to the DAP doesn't hinder me at all that way, I don't even wear the cable around my ears (hate that).

The only cables that -slightly- bother me are the ones cominng from the earpieces and even with BT they usually will still be there (ore you'll get earpieces with their own battery and receiver, I think I'll prefer the cable, thanks) , so frankly, the advantages of 'wireless' headphones are not clear to me and so I don't care about BT in my DAP.

Even then, you loose the cable, but you have to carry an extra battery, watch its level and recharge it separately. And you'll usually still have a cable joining the two earpieces and the battery.

Ohhhh, I forgot about the battery. It kind of defeats the object of portability. I hate to carry any extras around with me.

And I wear the cable behind me too, so it's not a problem. And I guess maybe once BT phones are top quality with a minimum of 100 hours battery life (!!!), I'll have moved on to the 128 GB Sony :wave:

Stuge, that's a good point. I tend to think it I don't use/need it right now, then I'll never need it. Yeah, if the price of B/T phones comes down, and the quality is improved, then I'm future-proofed :)

I bought the bluetooth adaptor for Walkman and the DTR BT22 headphones at a good price on ebay. I LOVE it, really pleased with the SQ despite what I've read on forums. The phones also pair with my K800i mobile which I am now using more and more as a multifunction device. I would argue that BT is more than just a gimmick.