Walkman NW-S795F [PROBLEM PLEASE HELP]

Rate this topic

mbr7

Hey, guys.

My Sony walkman player NW-S705F (2 gb) was on a format that I don't quite remember now...

I dont remember if it wasn't FAT or FAT32 all i know is that is was a windows explorer format

Anyway.. I tried to reformat it to do something and it didn't work for this other thing either

but the thing is when i trasfer the music by sonic stage it says "Cannot transfer any more tracks. The memory of the device/media is full."

when I disconnect it from the USB and try to turn it on, it displays "NO DATA!" but i think sometimes it has said "format error" too

oh one more thing when i am in sonic stage i dont see any music but i went in to controls menu -> my device -> delete all tracks and it went to like 70 % and then it said this "failed to delete all tracks (error code:000066d7)

What do I do /thanks for helping?

Edited by mbr7

Anyway.. I tried to reformat it to do something and it didn't work for this other thing either

Did you format the player in Windows Explorer, or from the settings in the player menu? You didn't say.

If you formatted it in Explorer, you shouldn't have done, and that would explain why you're having problems.

Reset the player from the player's own settings menu, and then format it from the settings as well.

If you've already done that, then I don't know what to suggest :blink:

Good luck!

Did you format the player in Windows Explorer, or from the settings in the player menu? You didn't say.

If you formatted it in Explorer, you shouldn't have done, and that would explain why you're having problems.

Reset the player from the player's own settings menu, and then format it from the settings as well.

If you've already done that, then I don't know what to suggest :blink:

Good luck!

yeap i did format it with explorer and i did write that up there

and yes i have reset it and format it from the players settings but still problem.

im guessing that the format messed up the hardrive or something

I will suggest you again to format your player using settings given in the player itself .

yea i could try one more time altought ive tried like 10 times

anyways somebody knows the correct format for my walkman im thinking maybe i could reformat it with explorer but pick the correct setting

• 9 years later...

Download the Sony Music Center on the internet. I've downloaded it cause I was trying to solve the "No Data" on my Sony Walkman stick, NW-E403 which is only 243MB in capacity but no luck there so I downloaded Sonic Stage version 4.3 and it finally worked. The Sonic Stage program recognize my Walkman and finally I was able to enjoy my music. Since it's a mere 243MB storage I converted my music to ATRAC at 64 or 66kbps and the quality is really awesome. After a while I decided to turn off the Sony Music Center from automatically restarting every time I turned on my computer so that's just what I did. Lo and behold, the next time I connected my Walkman stick, the Sonic Stage program says I have a poor connection and prompted me to click "Controls" and then click "Device/Media" and finally "Delete All Tracks." So I did follow the instructions and a small window appeared saying, guess what? That irritating error message "Error Code 000066d7." So for several hours I tried everything a normal sane person should do and that is look for solutions on the internet. At first I reset and formatted it and even updated the firmware from 1.00 to 2.00 and still that annoying error message persisted, damn! I also tried it again and again but with no luck. I also did restart my computer but still the same error message appeared. Finally I had an idea that might solve the problem. I turned on the Sony Music Center to restart automatically again because I was thinking that's the last thing I did before the problem occured. Now the Sonic Stage program recognizes my Walkman again and everything is back to normal as it should be. :-)

sony.music.center.jpg

Working.jpg

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG