Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Webmaster

11/21: Wild MZ-R700/R500 Hack

Rate this topic

244 posts in this topic

has anyone tried this hack on an MZ-N500 yet?

does it work for that netmd model?

I did this hack on my R-700... and all i can say is... DO IT!!!

it upgrades everything.. and it is worth it...

the sound is better.. and you have more control over it... (bass and treble)

the speed up and slow down feature is WHACK!!

and the melody timer.. well... it saved me from missing my stop on the train...

anyway.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! :D

more hacks.. more hacks..more hacks..more hacks..more hacks..more hacks..!!!!!!!

weeeeee.. :)

Genius! Pure Genius!

I don't know if sound changed at all for my R500 but it just threw me a whole crapload of options in the menu (including LINE OUT MODE, like another guy said). I was afraid to do it but it really works, and it was too easy!

Some things to note though (for the R500):

*since it has a shorter matrix display (only 6 letters)- it will not show the last digit for the M-timer settings.

*no one mentioned a "BEEP" submenu- what does it do? (2 options- 'ON' or 'OFF')

*that's all.

Also, it's really important that someone writes a restore procedure- for those 'just-in-case' cases- one that works no matter how screwed up the settings become.

And 1 last thing- on the R500, is there a way to access the sound equalizer settings (treb & bass steps)? It does not have a remote jack, so I say how?

P.S.- this is huge! Right up there with Dino's NetMD method!

I get no beep or sound, nothing at all, with the M-Timer. It just blinks like this '(((0)))' and the music pauses for awhile. Is it supposed to beep (BEEP is already turned ON)?

Genius! Pure Genius!

I don't know if sound changed at all for my R500 but it just threw me a whole crapload of options in the menu (including LINE OUT MODE, like another guy said). I was afraid to do it but it really works, and it was too easy!

Some things to note though (for the R500):

*since it has a shorter matrix display (only 6 letters)- it will not show the last digit for the M-timer settings.

*no one mentioned a "BEEP" submenu- what does it do? (2 options- 'ON' or 'OFF')

*that's all.

Also, it's really important that someone writes a restore procedure- for those 'just-in-case' cases- one that works no matter how screwed up the settings become.

And 1 last thing- on the R500, is there a way to access the sound equalizer settings (treb & bass steps)? It does not have a remote jack, so I say how?

The beep and the personal disk memory doesn't seems to work in my mzr-500 unit so does anybody has a different experience?

please tell me.

Thanks

P.S.- this is huge! Right up there with Dino's NetMD method!

hmmm

where can i find this method?

is it compatible with my R-700?

I get no beep or sound, nothing at all, with the M-Timer. It just blinks like this '(((0)))' and the music pauses for awhile. Is it supposed to beep (BEEP is already turned ON)?

it might be because you have an R-500

because it works fine on my R-700 but i also have the R-900 remote... the RM-MC11EL, its quite easy to find.. but it cost me $196AUD

Another thing: this might have already been mentioned but with the R500, this hack removes the BASS submenu and replaces it with a SOUND submenu, which is basically the exact same thing but instead of having BASS1 and BASS2, it's called SOUND1 & SOUND2.

Dark, what sound is MTimer supposed to make? And do higher up units beep whenever you press a button to change settings, like digital walkman's do? My R500 makes absolutely no sounds at all on its own, except the music on the disc.

THIS HACK ROCKS!!!! now lets hack out SCMS.. set the gen bits to zero!!

Csidinim, M-Timer is a timer that you can set from 1 minute to 99 minutes and there are 3 different melodies to choose from...

Melody 1 = Classical 1

Melody 2 = Classical 2

Melody 3 = Beep

yeah.. on my 700 there is a function called 'BEEP' - it creates a beep sound whenever you do something either on the remote or on the main player... but while paused it continuolsy beeps... so i turned it off because of the annoyances...

SOUND1 and SOUND2 are Bass&Treble presets that you can choose from... so its more advanced than just Bass1 and Bass2

Bass and Treble adjustments are in 8step... thus giving you more precision over fine tuning ur listening... :D

I guess that's where it differs between a R500 & a R700.

Since on my R500, it only shows up to 6 letters, I only see Timer0 and not the 2nd digit.

And no, the BEEP feature is useless for the R500. On or Off, there is no difference, so maybe that's why the Melodies have no sound either.

And SOUND is exactly as I described. There are only 2 steps: SOUND1 and SOUND2, and they do exactly the same thing as BASS1 and BASS2. It is not more advanced, maybe because there is no way to try it with a remote, but if there is another way to access the 8-steps on a R500, I'd like to hear it.

So, that makes half of the extra features on the hack useless for the R500. And I bought it for $180 a year ago. :(

yeah.. thats the thing.. i have a R-900 remote.. in australia it cost me $196

so... thats how i changed the bass and treble... but because you have an R-500 and that has no remote jack.. well.. then half of the features are useless...

:D Hello, i've just "upgraded" my MZ-R700PC to a MZ-R900 and it just work very fine!

i have now a new minidisk :twisted: , thankyou All !!!

I was wondering if there is any hack to be done on the older MZ-R70, since I heard that the MZ-R70 was made close to the same time as MZ-R90 and MZ-R900. Some info would be much appreciated.

Well, thank you so much, Peter. The most useful new feature for me turned out to be auto track mark - before it was a major pain to ff through freshly-recorded piece 70 minutes long, now there are 14 5 minute ones. Happy :)

And did someone say - bulky? I'm not sure as to where you are trying to fit it into, but it is small, lightweight, and has the (arguably) best buttons layout, which makes it perfect for live recording. I wouldn't mind having N-10, though...

I was wondering if there is any hack to be done on the older MZ-R70, since I heard that the MZ-R70 was made close to the same time as MZ-R90 and MZ-R900. Some info would be much appreciated.

No. R90 and R900 are a generation apart... Even the high end R90 doesn't have 8 step bass + treble, or any of the new stuff in the R900.

FYI, the R70 is R90 generation :)

I have only had a R700DPC for a couple weeks and found out

about the R700 >> R900 hack last night. After much thought,

I tried it.

It was soo easy! It was cool seeing the menus...like laser, etc.

I recommend the hack to anyone who can stay calm and

follow the directions. You get a load of extra features.

Question: Can anyone figure out how to hack into the Bass

and Treble features with the R700 remote or keypad??

Also, has anyone been able to get the "Phrase bank" to work

on a R700??

thanks for the help... Michael L

Question:  Can anyone figure out how to hack into the Bass and Treble features with the R700 remote or keypad??  

Also, has anyone been able to get the "Phrase bank" to work  

on a R700??

sorry michael.. there is no way to do it, because the R-700 doesnt have a screen on the remote.. and to access the speed up, bass and treble, and other feaures like that u need an R-900 remote (RM-MC11EL)...

i picked mine up for $196AUD... obviously in australia

so.. ur best bet is to find a remote.. u could try something like e-bay...

sorry michael.. there is no way to do it, because the R-700 doesnt have a screen on the remote.. and to access the speed up, bass and treble, and other feaures like that u need an R-900 remote (RM-MC11EL)...

i picked mine up for $196AUD... obviously in australia

so.. ur best bet is to find a remote.. u could try something like e-bay...

I have been looking for a RM-MC11EL....found one for about $50US.

That's a bit high for me now....Christmas and all coming up.

Would it be backlit running on a R700? also, could a MZ-R55

remote do the same thing?

I bought my R700DPC open box and it came with a RM-MZ3R

remote for some reason. The remote wasn't working perfectly

when I got it, so I opened it and fixed it.

I was wondering if I could modify this remote and add the 2

extra buttons? the hack page has the ohms for each buttons

so it could be possible..?! right? anybody think so?? have any

ideas?!

very interested in this... Michael L

OK, THERE IS NO WAY TO MODIFY THE KEYPAD.

The buttons are much beyond service mode. YOu would need to re-write the whole software, and I think you all know what that means. Desolder, find out how the thing is written, write a program, upload it (if that's possible) solder in, pray to Satan that you didn't do any bugs. But while youre at it, why don't we just add ALL hte r900 capabilities (sigh...)

As for the name bank... In the service mode it is nowhere to be seen (and believe me, iv'e seen it all). Either i'm blind, or it's hidden excactly on the opposite site where i'm looking for it. It would help if iv'e seen the thing in action. Actually, it would help even more if I had a r900.... :)

(But that just spoils all the fun ;)

SCMS... EEEGH? That's handled internally, no options about this either.

NEWS:

Iv'e just sent Eric the paper for HOW TO RESET the MZRx for you people that broke their units by playing in Service mode (though as I am seeing, not a lot of people actullay broke thier units. The people that did I guess are to ashamed to talk about it..). Be up soon